Got reimbursed from insurance today!

Whooo-Hooooo! Finally got some money back from my insurance (I wasn't planning on any)! I have Tricare and they paid $4100 of it. Sure was great to get some money back. Well, gotta go shopping and buy some new clothes!

Donna

Whooo-Hooooo! Finally got some money back from my insurance (I wasn't planning on any)! I have Tricare and they paid $4100 of it. Sure was great to get some money back. Well, gotta go shopping and buy some new clothes!

Donna

THAT'S PRETTY KEWL DONNA!!!

I want to go to the bank and cash it before they want it back! I am thrilled! Only took 6 months....they denied it the first time I submitted it, but my friend got $6000 back on hers....I don't know why she got more, I have more co-morbidities than her and we have the same insurance. I got something back so I am not going to complain about that

How are you doing now Pammie? Are you able to eat now?

So, friend.......

Can I go shopping with you ... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!????

Donna

WOW! That is absolutely amazing!! I just wish I was that lucky!!!

I had to submit it twice, the first time I made a mistake and said it was inpatient......then I changed it to outpatient and they paid it! I wasn't expecting to get anything back, but it doesn't hurt to try. They told me before I had it done that it wasn't covered at all! Glad I kept trying---$4100.00 worth of glad!

I had to submit it twice, the first time I made a mistake and said it was inpatient......then I changed it to outpatient and they paid it! I wasn't expecting to get anything back, but it doesn't hurt to try. They told me before I had it done that it wasn't covered at all! Glad I kept trying---$4100.00 worth of glad!

Dontondan, I am interested in trying now....what did you submit to your insurance? My insurance actually excludes WLS and any complication arising from it. Did yours exclude it in the policy or did they just tell you that it was not covered?

Dontondan, I am interested in trying now....what did you submit to your insurance? My insurance actually excludes WLS and any complication arising from it. Did yours exclude it in the policy or did they just tell you that it was not covered?

I don't remember what it actually said, but I know lapband was not covered. It is worth a try though, especially if you have medical problems from being overweight! I was Diabetic, had back, hip and knee pain and also GERD and high blood pressure. I worked in medical offices and around billing insurances (worked for a facial plastic surgeon) and it was my experience that the squeeky wheel gets the oil. Make some noise, girl! The worst that they can do is say no, officially. We got all sorts of crap paid for that shouldn't have been paid. You can get an itemized statement and a copy of all the testing and the operative report from OCC. Even if they don't pay for the surgery they may pay for some of the testing (EKG, etc.) that you had done. Make sure you make copies of everything, my insurance company lost it the first time (not likely) and keep track of what and when you send it and keep calling and bugging them!

I don't remember what it actually said, but I know lapband was not covered. It is worth a try though, especially if you have medical problems from being overweight! I was Diabetic, had back, hip and knee pain and also GERD and high blood pressure. I worked in medical offices and around billing insurances (worked for a facial plastic surgeon) and it was my experience that the squeeky wheel gets the oil. Make some noise, girl! The worst that they can do is say no, officially. We got all sorts of crap paid for that shouldn't have been paid. You can get an itemized statement and a copy of all the testing and the operative report from OCC. Even if they don't pay for the surgery they may pay for some of the testing (EKG, etc.) that you had done. Make sure you make copies of everything, my insurance company lost it the first time (not likely) and keep track of what and when you send it and keep calling and bugging them!

Thanks for the info. I think I will try!!