Checking in on my May 8 Band Buddies

Hi Mom12 and everyone!

I came home about 8 pounds thinner and since then I've been going up and down 4 pounds! I'm like you, I figure I'm having a hard time eating more than 1000 a day. I'm having a hard time even eating 3 meals! If I was able to get a fill now, I wouldn't. I can't wait till Friday to try real food and see how I do.

I won a bet with my boss, he went for Archeletta and I went for Cook, and he owes me dinner on Friday night. I'm having my favorite salad with grilled chicken! I plan on having a lean cuisine for lunch.

As far as my fill, I think I'm just going to go here to the clinic in Roswell. I've heard really good things about them and they have floro. With the cost of airfare going up, it's just not economical now.

How are y'all doing with the band? I can comfortably eat (drink) about 1/2 cup of soup at a time and I'm not hungry for hours. If I eat more than that, I get those horrible gas pains about an hour after eating. My port area is still sore, but not as badly as it was at first. All of the cuts are pretty much healed except for the largest one. I am going to put Mederma on the small ones because they are a little raised.

Hugs to all!!

Jena

I am doing great, no pain at all, scars are so tiny they are barely noticable but I can definitely eat more that 1/2 cup at a time. I can do 1 full cup of soup or anything else. I did PB from drinking too fast today. Sorry to hear I won't see you in Mexico but I totally understand. I can have fluro here in CO too but havent' been able to get any feed back on the center so I am still leery.

FOOD! THANK YOU JESUS!!!

How's everyone else doing? Excited about eating real food??

I want a 3 week update on everyone!

Mom12, I changed my mind about getting my first fill here in Atlanta. I do have to wait until Aug. 6 though, to get the cheap seats on AirTran. I think I can make it that far. Maybe you will be ready for your second fill then and we could meet up. I'm flying in late Tuesday night (the 5th), staying at the Lucerna and having my fill the next morning first thing. I'm flying out at 2:30 that afternoon.

Believe it or not, the whole thing including airfare will cost me just a few dollars more than doing it here!! Since I'm flying out at 8:30PM EST, I will only have to miss one day of work.

Hopefully the next two months will go by without a problem and I can lose a little weight before I get my first fill.

When is everyone else scheduling their fill?

Take care everyone! ><'

Jena

Hey guys. We are on the countdown to food. I am looking forward to it. I have found it impossible to get above 1000 cals a day and I am not losing like I would like. How are all of you doing?

Howdy all!!! Thanks for asking how we all are. That is sweet and considerate of you. I am so glad that you (mom 12/Valerie) are doing well and I am also glad to hear that Jena is on track as well. I am down about 12 pounds at this point and am grateful for looser fitting pants. My port area is still a little tender at times, but I take it easy for a day and it feels better. I am looking forward to regular meals tomorrow. I did sneak in a few bites of macaroni salad tonight and I did great. I had just a little because I did not want to over do it. I think I will stick with softer, mushier foods to start with then move to more of a solid meal. I suppose I am a little scared. I just want to make sure all goes well in the eating depatment, so I am taking baby steps. This is my way of transitioning to solid foods. Although we have been on liquids, I feel fairly healthy. I am taking a liquid vitamin and I think that helps.

What are everyone elses plan for food tomorrow? How have the last three weeks been? Are you guys still a little sore at times?

PS, when can we take a bath??? I would love to soak in our tub and relax. Also, when can we do heavy exercise. Like running, golfing ect.. I can't remember.

So glad to hear from you,

Lisa B)

At this three week mark we can do all exercise except Ab work outs. Ab work outs have to wait until 3 months out. I have been taking a bath for a week now but my incisions are 100% healed and barely noticable at this point.

I actually counted my day of surgery as day one and ate today. I had 1 egg, 1/4 pc. toast and 1/4 protein bar for breakfast.

2 Slices of Turkey, 1/4 avacado, & a small amount of salad at lunch. 1/4 bratwurst, 2oz. steak and 1/2 potato for dinner. I had not problem with any of it and felt completely satisfied in between meals. IN fact tonight I still almost feel over full and it has been 3 hours since I ate. I am doing great so far with not drinking during meals. I don't physically miss it but I find myself wanting to reach for a drink when I put my fork down between bites(I think it is just out of habit)

At this three week mark we can do all exercise except Ab work outs. Ab work outs have to wait until 3 months out. I have been taking a bath for a week now but my incisions are 100% healed and barely noticable at this point.

I actually counted my day of surgery as day one and ate today. I had 1 egg, 1/4 pc. toast and 1/4 protein bar for breakfast.

2 Slices of Turkey, 1/4 avacado, & a small amount of salad at lunch. 1/4 bratwurst, 2oz. steak and 1/2 potato for dinner. I had not problem with any of it and felt completely satisfied in between meals. IN fact tonight I still almost feel over full and it has been 3 hours since I ate. I am doing great so far with not drinking during meals. I don't physically miss it but I find myself wanting to reach for a drink when I put my fork down between bites(I think it is just out of habit)

Thanks for the info and your meals sound delightful. YUMMY. How do you know when you are full? I think I am full when I get this small pressure in my throat/collar bone area. It does not take much food at all for that to occur. I am hoping I have enough restriction that can allow me to lose weight without a fill, but we will see how things go.

Yes, habits are hard to break and I find myself wanting to drink when I am not supposed to as well.

~Lisa :):)

OK had 2 bites of steak for dinner tonight and didn't chew well enough. Don't do that it was horrible. 30 minutes later and a very long brisk walk I am feeling like I am going to make it. I am not one to vomit but I was sure wishing I could.