Surgery Date Set - Feeling Apathetic

Well my surgery is set - has been for over a month now - I have gone through a serious of emotions from nervous to excited. Now I feel apathetic about the entire processes. My surgery is still a month away. I am doing all the expected things. Making sure I have all my duckes in a row. But, still nothing. What's wrong with me. I want this, I need this! Why am I not feeling more about it. Will the excitment come back as I get closer? Will the apathey continue to the surgery date? Is this good or bad?

Not a lot ruffles my feathers, so maybe this is the norm for me.

Any way, I would be interested if anyone else has felt this way in their journey. Thanks.

Well my surgery is set - has been for over a month now - I have gone through a serious of emotions from nervous to excited. Now I feel apathetic about the entire processes. My surgery is still a month away. I am doing all the expected things. Making sure I have all my duckes in a row. But, still nothing. What's wrong with me. I want this, I need this! Why am I not feeling more about it. Will the excitment come back as I get closer? Will the apathey continue to the surgery date? Is this good or bad?

Not a lot ruffles my feathers, so maybe this is the norm for me.

Any way, I would be interested if anyone else has felt this way in their journey. Thanks.

Hi there Lanie...

Bless your heart, I wish you knew how great you are going to feel in about six weeks! I was banded April 18, 2006 by Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez. I was reluctant to let myself get too excited, because none of the other things I had ever tried (and believe you me, I tried 'em all) had worked. But, when I began my pre-op ritual, I began to feel better, had more energy, and was so excited. It took every penny I could rake and scrape togther to make the 3 hour flight and pay for my surgery...I had a few lingering thoughts about that. Then I asked myself what I had to lose? The answer made me smile.....FAT! Fat kills Lanie. I wanted to know what it was like to live as a thinner, healthier woman and thus I was ready to begin my journey towards my new life....and I pray that you will too!

Keep us posted on your feelings.....you'll find support here! God bless and guide you is my prayer!

Sending you a big hug sweetie,

Dreamer