Maybe this has been answered before....

Evette so I am not even going to be able to walk to the point where I break a sweat until after 3 months?

I know that is why I asked this question is because I dont want to do anything to flip my port either that is why I am concerned.

Dang! I wanted to get a head start on getting fine before my hubby came back home from deployment! :P

Thanks Evette! Now I feel better knowing that I can atleast work and break a sweat since I cant do anything else.

After 3 months I will be at it hard and heavy then! I have the Slim in 6 videos and Debbie kicks my a**! I dont like her but I know she knows how to kick your butt into gear.

Hi Ladies,

Along with walking is it okay to do any weights for arms or legs? I need to firm up these areas to avoid loose skin while losing weight and cannot wait for three months, unless I have to!

Thanks Cathy

Cathy that is exactly how I feel... I dont want anymore loose skin then I have already ya know...

The reason they don't want you exercising for the first 3 weeks of post-op, is because you're calorie intake is so low. You need to keep the energy, otherwise you'll get dehydrated and could faint. So be careful.

I talked to Dr. Miranda about this and here's what she said:

No breaking a sweat for 3 weeks out (b/c calories are too low to sustain the exertion without fainting.)

No crunches for 3 months out, BUT you can beging to exercise fairly rigorously after the 3 week mark as long as you're not doing anything that causes pain or discomfort to the port.

Lifting weights is fine as long as you aren't doing things that cause your body to twist at the waist too much or that cause your knees to have to come toward your abdomen (which is basically the crunch movement.) Arm weights are fine, just so long as you're not hurting at the port site from the muscles used in your abdomen.

Hope this helps!! :)

I was told by OCC to take it easy the first 3 weeks - it's free game after that except for ab work. I'm at almost 8 weeks post-op and I've been bike riding 14 miles round trip to work and just dripping with sweat when I get home - so there is nothing to be scared of - sweat is fine. On the way home, 3 miles is all up hill and I'm just dying - sweating, breathing heavy, etc. You have to hydrate yourself of course, but that's common sense. I'm not fatigued, tired or feel deprived on having less food. I just have to wait a few minutes after I eat in case something gets stuck, or I need to burp, etc. I've left in a rush before and felt uncomfortable trying to breath to ride while I was trying to burp at the same time...LOL! Either way - get out there and exercise!!! It's good for us :rolleyes: Just avoid doing direct ab work. Every exercise, including swimming, walking, biking, weights, uses our abs - but it's the direct ab exercises that you have to wait 3 months for.

Hope this helps!!

Oh my god I want the Carmen videos also!! Let me know how they work and if they are worth purchasing? I am going to start back up at the gym tomorrow morning at 4:30, my 3 weeks is up today. But will just start on the bike and see how that goes! :lb25:

Nice, I just got the Carmen Electra dance videos, hahaha! Shhh don't tell anyone. :)

I bought a set of abs work out CD's and was so excited to do it and well, the exercise was great and I got a good work out...well the next day I was very sore in my port area, I thought maybe it was just my muscles around the area, well it hurt for 2 weeks straight...when i went for my 2nd fill I told my doctor about this and he said that I may have to loose a little more weight before doing some stomach exercises, he encouraged a lot of walking...I was banded on 2/5/08...so its been over 3 months and it still hurt my port area....so be cautious!! :wacko:

Evette definitely keep me posted on which work out video you really like... I have a few of them too but after a while you just get BORED with them. It is soooooo cool that you can rent them for Netflix! I never knew that.. Wonder if they are copy righted?? lol! I know BAD of me to think like that huh!