when should I get my 2nd fill?

OK< I had my first fill 5/16 and had little restriction. I thought I had a good fill, recieved 1.8 cc. The only thing I have really noticed is that I have to be carefull how fast I eat and how much I chew meats. :lb12: I really haven't had any more weight loss since I did the 3 days of liquids when I had my first fill. Shouldn't I have lost a pound or two? I don't really get hungry until about 4:00 pm. So I try to grab a sensible snack so I don't try to inhale my supper.

Arghhhh! What to do? What to do? :unsure:

info needed from the experienced and knowlegable,

reneej

It’s hard; you could be doing everything right and just need a tweak to your fill. But I’d test it out first.

Make sure you are eating 3 meals; really focus on breaking them up to the right food groups and eat in the correct order- when I first started here's an example of what I'd have:

Breakfast

Scrambled egg whites (little over 1/4 cup)

1/4 cup of chopped veggies sautéed

1/4 cup of chopped fruit

dry wheat toast

Lunch

1/4 cup of tuna

1/4 cup of chopped veggies

1/4 cup of chopped fruit

whole wheat crackers.

Dinner

1/4 cup of baked chicken breast

1/4 cup of chopped veggies steamed

1/4 cup of chopped fruit

whole wheat toast

Don't drink right before you eat and an hour after. If you’re eating three small meals you might find you don’t get hungry, especially if they contain all of your food groups. I’d find I couldn’t eat as much as I listed but I’d always try to eat a little bit of each group. Don’t drink juice, focus on water. If you're eating like this and your fill is good, there's a good chance you wont even need a snack - but if you do make sure its healthy and good for you. We end up eating so little that we need to make sure that what we use for fuel is the good stuff. Getting in the habit of eating right (and breaking all of our bad habits) takes about 3 months of consistent behavior change. (And you should find that since you have the band, you have the time to think about what you're putting in your mouth).

You’re most likely doing all these things right, so if you are, its time for a tweak to your fill.

Also if you aren’t really try to start exercising at least 30 minutes per day.

When I go to get mine.

How much is it going to cost us total, for our first visit??????

OK< I had my first fill 5/16 and had little restriction. I thought I had a good fill, recieved 1.8 cc. The only thing I have really noticed is that I have to be carefull how fast I eat and how much I chew meats. :lb12: I really haven't had any more weight loss since I did the 3 days of liquids when I had my first fill. Shouldn't I have lost a pound or two? I don't really get hungry until about 4:00 pm. So I try to grab a sensible snack so I don't try to inhale my supper.

Arghhhh! What to do? What to do? :unsure:

info needed from the experienced and knowlegable,

reneej

I usually have a shake for breakfast (spirutein), either a healthy choice dinner for lunch or a salad and a sensible supper. I don't eat but probably 1/2 of what I used to eat at supper now. I will have to try to be more active. I hate to call it exercise.

Lisal, that sounds like a lot of food to me for 1 day. Well maybe not since it's only 1/4 cup of each.

Dawn, when Lynn and I went back for our first fill, it was $200. per person and we shared our room at the Lucerna in TJ. Of course $100. of that each was for the fluro. We stayed 2 nights at the Lucerna and paid about $95. for the extra night ourselves. Some people like to stay in San Diego and take the trolley/train down to the border and a taxi to the occ. But you will still have the $100. cost for the fluro.

reneej