When is best for 1st fill?

So I just found out from the amazing Blazn (hey, that rhymes!) that the woman that did her fill will be in Moultrie (the closest fill center to me) on June 14th and that she's only there once every 2 months. June 14th would put me at 5 weeks post op - is that too soon? Blazn really enjoyed having her do her fill and I feel more comfortable going to someone that has filled someone I know. Otherwise, I'll have to drive down to Tampa, which isn't bad, just much further. Did anyone else get their 1st fill that early?

I was told that it was necessary to wait six weeks and could not get a fill before that.

Call Dr. O!

So I just found out from the amazing Blazn (hey, that rhymes!) that the woman that did her fill will be in Moultrie (the closest fill center to me) on June 14th and that she's only there once every 2 months. June 14th would put me at 5 weeks post op - is that too soon? Blazn really enjoyed having her do her fill and I feel more comfortable going to someone that has filled someone I know. Otherwise, I'll have to drive down to Tampa, which isn't bad, just much further. Did anyone else get their 1st fill that early?

Hey Alana,

I had my band on May 12th and I'm scheduled for Moultrie on the 14th. I'm like you thats the closest center for me which is still 1-2 hours away, but much closer than Roswell. While I was at the OCC, people were coming back in 4 & 5 weeks. I did get a hematoma around the portsite and its still there, hopefully it will be much better by then, but when I scheduled she told me that if Darlene was unable to do the fill I could postpone and they would apply my money at the next available time.

Maybe I'll see you there.

Sherri

Hi Alana :D ,

I was banded on 04/28 and will get my first fill this Saturday (5 weeks post op) in Roswell GA.

Since Darlene is traveling I could get my fill either 5 weeks or 8 weeks post op.

The Fill Center contacted Darlene and she said she is o.k. with 5 weeks, as long as the incisions are healed up.

Here is the link to my post: http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?show...amp;#entry28150

I will keep you guys posted how it went ;)

whew - I will contact her to see if she's ok with it - how did you guys contact her?

I contacted the Fill Center to set a date for the fill and with the 5 or 8 weeks "situation" Charlotte from the Fill Center contacted Darlene and then called me back.

I contacted the Fill Center to set a date for the fill and with the 5 or 8 weeks "situation" Charlotte from the Fill Center contacted Darlene and then called me back.

Thanks! I will contact them tomorrow morning.

Hi Alana,

Where do you live? I live in the Atlanta area and couldn't make up my mind if I should go to Roswell or back to the OCC. I really wanted to go back to the OCC for my first fill just to make sure everything was okay. On the other hand, Roswell is about 45 minutes away.

I wanted to have floro for my first fill and at the Roswell fills location they have floro (they don't in Moultrie) but it costs an additional $200! That would make it $565 (or close to that) for my first fill there.

I found cheap tickets to San Diego on AirTran for $293 (including junk fees and taxes) and so I called Claudia at the OCC and she gave me a package price for transportation, 1 night at the Lucern and the fill with floro and that plus the plane tickets totaled up to just a little more than getting the fill done here!! I jumped on it.

The only drawback is that the date is August 6th. I think we were banded about the same time, May 8, so it's going to be a lot further out than 6 weeks, but I've had pretty good restriction so far so I think it will be fine.

Since I'm leaving on Aug. 5 (Tuesday) at 8:30pm, I won't miss work that day. I only work about 15 minutes from the airport, so that's cool. I'll be getting my fill in the morning and flying back to Atlanta at 2:30.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

Jena

Hi Alana,

Where do you live? I live in the Atlanta area and couldn't make up my mind if I should go to Roswell or back to the OCC. I really wanted to go back to the OCC for my first fill just to make sure everything was okay. On the other hand, Roswell is about 45 minutes away.

I wanted to have floro for my first fill and at the Roswell fills location they have floro (they don't in Moultrie) but it costs an additional $200! That would make it $565 (or close to that) for my first fill there.

I found cheap tickets to San Diego on AirTran for $293 (including junk fees and taxes) and so I called Claudia at the OCC and she gave me a package price for transportation, 1 night at the Lucern and the fill with floro and that plus the plane tickets totaled up to just a little more than getting the fill done here!! I jumped on it.

The only drawback is that the date is August 6th. I think we were banded about the same time, May 8, so it's going to be a lot further out than 6 weeks, but I've had pretty good restriction so far so I think it will be fine.

Since I'm leaving on Aug. 5 (Tuesday) at 8:30pm, I won't miss work that day. I only work about 15 minutes from the airport, so that's cool. I'll be getting my fill in the morning and flying back to Atlanta at 2:30.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

Jena

Hi Jena,

I live in Tallahassee, FL - just minutes from the GA border. I definitely cannot afford to fly back out to SD - with the flight fees, transportation fees, and the inconvenience of the long travel, it's just not a good option for me. I also wouldn't want to wait 3 months for my 1st fill - I was banded on May 9th. If it doesn't work out with me going to Moultrie, I'll go to the center in Tampa - I have family there so I can stay for free and visit with family members. Hope yours goes well!