feeling weak and hungry

So I'm just over 2 weeks out from being banded and have been doing fine up until these past few days, but yesterday and especially today I feel like I am starving to death! My body physically hurts in my stomach and even kind of into my back, as odd as that sounds. I also feel a weakness in my muscles - like they have been so overworked that they are sore, but all that I've been doing outside of the normal day is taking a 30 minute walk in which I don't even break a sweat! Ahh!!! Does anyone have any advice? I am eating creamy tomato soup at hand soups, some 1% milk, jello of course, juices and V8 Splashes, and the Dannon Frusions (liquid yogurt basically.) Any/all advice is appreciated!

I have no idea if this will work for you, but I always felt better after having a fat free fudgsicle - whenever I felt nauseous or weak or hungry, it always worked for me. I'm probably just weird, though. :) Hope you feel better!

Are you taking a liquid multivitamin? Try a little broccoli and cheese campbells soup, maybe try eating a little bit more often. the purpose is not to starve yourself. look into some fudgesicles too. It sounds like you may not be eating enough. A good liquid vitamin can help too. I use Liquid Source of Life, you can get at a health food/herb store.

hope you feel better soon :-?

reneej

Just a thought but the days I feel less strength are the ones in which I don't get my 30 grams of protein. I don't always get all 30 but if I don't have at least one slim fast Optima or Boost or something with extra protein I don't do as well. Could be a lack of protein. If you don't feel well soon I would call the clinic though. The pain doesn't sound like a good thing.

Cheryl

Hey Amber... you definitely need more protein. At least 40 gr a day is what I am aiming for. I start my morning off with a can of the Slimfast shakes. The one that has 20 gr of protein and is low carb. It's really filling. I also have soup, jello, and liquid yogurt through out the day. Every 2-3 hours I make sure I have something with protein in it. Yes.. increase your water intake, and don't drink anything with caffeine, as it is a duretic. Also.. I am not doing any extra walking at all. You need to hang on the calories your getting and not burn them off. Save the walking until after we start solids. (Speaking of which, I had a dream last night, I was eating a granny smith apple, and was puking it up like crazy!! I think I'll stay away from them.. haha) So.... try these suggestions and I'm sure with the increase in protein you'll start feeling better. Also watch the # of carbs in the soups you're having. Too many carbs can make you feel sluggish as well. If you think you're dehydrated, drink some gaterade. Take Care... ><' ><' ><'

You might want to contact Dr. Miranda. She really helped me when I was going through a rough patch.