Eating too soon.

Okay, I'm a BAD GIRL! :(( My husband and I are on a trip and, although I am still eating liguids, I have tried VERY small bites of different foods. I am not supposed to have solids for another 4 days but I have been have been weak. I don't feel any different than I did before...maybe a little shoulder pain (gas?) but nothing major at all. I know I can cause band slipage if I introduce food too early and I'll try real hard to wait till Tuesday...BUT...has anyone else been weak or am I the only fool?!

Also, this may seem like a stupid question but has anyone else felt like they have a "coated" tounge all the time? My mouth just feels yucky! :wacko:

Thanks for your input!

Caro

Okay, I'm a BAD GIRL! :(( My husband and I are on a trip and, although I am still eating liguids, I have tried VERY small bites of different foods. I am not supposed to have solids for another 4 days but I have been have been weak. I don't feel any different than I did before...maybe a little shoulder pain (gas?) but nothing major at all. I know I can cause band slipage if I introduce food too early and I'll try real hard to wait till Tuesday...BUT...has anyone else been weak or am I the only fool?!

Also, this may seem like a stupid question but has anyone else felt like they have a "coated" tounge all the time? My mouth just feels yucky! :wacko:

Thanks for your input!

Caro

I know just what you are talking about with the coated tongue! I was constantly brushing my teeth and tongue. It's from ketosis more than likely.

I only just started eating real food on Thursday, but I did have a little real food a couple of days before the official date. I had a lean cuisine and some potato soup with the potatoes in it.

Hopefully we didn't hurt anything, but I don't think we did. :rolleyes: At least that's what I'm telling myself!

Jena

Thanks for your input!

Caro

One of the things I learned after talking to Dr. O is how eating too soon can stretch the pouch. He came to this conclusion after a lot of research. It's not worth it!! I have spent way too much time and money to sabotage my efforts..Try and stick it out. :(:(

One of the things I learned after talking to Dr. O is how eating too soon can stretch the pouch. He came to this conclusion after a lot of research. It's not worth it!! I have spent way too much time and money to sabotage my efforts..Try and stick it out. :(:(

You are right and I know it! I am really trying to be a good girl now. Besides, I get to start eating in 4 days...I've been doing good thus far I really don't want to risk any problems. :(

On a side note, I have lost 23 pounds since my May 14th surgery so I don't think anything is too stretched out. I don't want to risk it though!!!

Thanks for the pep talk and I WILL "stick it out". :D

Caro

You are right and I know it! I am really trying to be a good girl now. Besides, I get to start eating in 4 days...I've been doing good thus far I really don't want to risk any problems. :(

On a side note, I have lost 23 pounds since my May 14th surgery so I don't think anything is too stretched out. I don't want to risk it though!!!

Caro

Caro,

23 pounds is wonderful!! See, you can do it. =D> =D>

Audrey

Caro

Hi Caro, holy cow 23 pounds, that is great. yesterday I snuck a few bites of halibut. UMMMMM it was so good,

I had left shoulder pain for the first 12 days, so glad it stopped!!! I'm down 12 pounds.

How about the rest of the may 14th banders how are you doing?

Linda