plastic surgery

klyn13jwl

My question is regarding plastic surgery. How soon before it can become an option.....how will you know that you're not going to lose more and need more surgery. Is it really needed. Can the skin just shrink up, as if by magic, if you do a massive amount of gruelling exercises? I haven't even made an attempt to get an athorization for the surgery, I've just got a lot of questions. That's another question that I have, 'Do I need to get all the crap for Dr. O that I would need if I was getting it covered by an insurance company....dieting logs, weights from the past 5 years, 1 month of documented weight loss attempt'. I really appreciate all the info that I can receive on this site.....thanks everyone.

Lets start with plastic surgery, some (mainly young) people have skin that is very elastic and will bounce back and look awesome after major weight loss. You just need to lose most of the weight and see what you look like, and if you have too much skin, meet with a good plastic surgeon to discuss your options. (Most of the time there is no magic unless you are younger and it never shrinks like magic even with exercise). But everyone is different so you never know.

Also, every insurance company is different – you need to work with yours, find out their requirements needed for reimbursement and then work with Dr. Ortiz’s team to see if they can help you provide all of the necessary documents. Generally you'll do most of the work as far as documenting the logs and such.

Good luck!

Lets start with plastic surgery, some (mainly young) people have skin that is very elastic and will bounce back and look awesome after major weight loss. You just need to lose most of the weight and see what you look like, and if you have too much skin, meet with a good plastic surgeon to discuss your options. (Most of the time there is no magic unless you are younger and it never shrinks like magic even with exercise). But everyone is different so you never know.

Also, every insurance company is different – you need to work with yours, find out their requirements needed for reimbursement and then work with Dr. Ortiz’s team to see if they can help you provide all of the necessary documents. Generally you'll do most of the work as far as documenting the logs and such.

Good luck!

It's a major pain in the butt dealing with insurance providers. Insurance providers will only cover the front part of a tummy tuck and it has to be a medical nessessity. Rash, back pain, the list is small, you have to establish a history of medical need. Then they might approve it. If your wanting a lower body lift,, you'd have to make a deal with the plastic surgeon and make up the difference out of pocket. If you don't get approved, you could always come back to Tijuana and see Dr. Quiroz at the Cosmed Clinic. He's buds with Dr. Ortiz and the OCC will recommend/refer you to the Cosmed clinic. They also give lapband patients a free consultation. You'll find the plastic surgery in Mexico is about half price compared to the US surgeons. Also,, several forum members have mentioned a plastic surgeon up in Washington state that does great work to. I'm currantly playing the approval game here in my home area. I should know sometime this summer if I get approved. I've learned alot about insurance companies in the last couple years,, either with WLS or plastic surgery, it's just a PITA dealing with insurance.

It's a major pain in the butt dealing with insurance providers. Insurance providers will only cover the front part of a tummy tuck and it has to be a medical nessessity. Rash, back pain, the list is small, you have to establish a history of medical need. Then they might approve it. If your wanting a lower body lift,, you'd have to make a deal with the plastic surgeon and make up the difference out of pocket. If you don't get approved, you could always come back to Tijuana and see Dr. Quiroz at the Cosmed Clinic. He's buds with Dr. Ortiz and the OCC will recommend/refer you to the Cosmed clinic. They also give lapband patients a free consultation. You'll find the plastic surgery in Mexico is about half price compared to the US surgeons. Also,, several forum members have mentioned a plastic surgeon up in Washington state that does great work to. I'm currantly playing the approval game here in my home area. I should know sometime this summer if I get approved. I've learned alot about insurance companies in the last couple years,, either with WLS or plastic surgery, it's just a PITA dealing with insurance.

HOWDY DOLITTLE,

A FEW WEEKS AGO, THE LOCAL NEWS DID A "HEALTH LINK" REPORT ON A GAL NAMED LAURIE TODD, THE INSURANCE WARRIOR. ON THIS LINK BELOW, THERE'S A U TUBE VIDEO ON HER

http://www.theinsurancewarrior.com/

• 4 weeks later...

Good luck!

I do agree with this since you know all answers you will find once you get to know your absolute weight then you can go to a conclusion what you wanna and what not.

=================================================

Aditi

Addiction Recovery Alabama

Addiction Recovery Alabama

The only concern I personally would have with having PS in Mexico is the after care portion especially with a tummy tuck having seen Pammie's pics and that <shudder> drain. Two flights and a layover is painful enough for me! hehe --

The only concern I personally would have with having PS in Mexico is the after care portion especially with a tummy tuck having seen Pammie's pics and that <shudder> drain. Two flights and a layover is painful enough for me! hehe --

Let me tell you about abdominal drains folks......I had an exploratory scar from about 21 yrs ago. It herniated in three spots. The surgeon fixed them and placed a drain in my abdomen. It was supposed to be removed in 10 days or when it stopped draining......the dr. was on vacation! It had long since stopped draining. On it's 12th day being in......it was finally removed. A very painful experience..... with it being infected. It took about 1 1/2 months for infection to spread through out the drain, back to the mesh. Needless to say, I was re-cut open and everything was infected to the point that I had to have a wound-vac. Because I was left with a creater (an open wound) from my breast plate to my belly button and it went all the way to my stomach! Never let them put you on steroids when there is a possibility of an infection....the steroids mask the infections symptons.......high RBC, fever.....trust yourself......I found out that 10 days is still pretty long as far as the AZ Med Board was concerned. Just words for you to think about. ;)

Dr. Quiroz at the Cosmed Clinic told me a tummy tuck or a lower body lift patient may have to stay up to a week in the San Diego area. Also,, It would be a possibility a lower body lift patient may have to stay up to 2 weeks. I think alot of the patients just stay at the Lucerna for a week or till they have the drains pulled and then head back home. I know they check on you constantly while your at the Lucerna. Also, there are nurses that offer aftercare service in their homes for a daily fee. Of course, you have to take all this into concederation when pricing your Plastic Surgery. For those patients that have to pay out of pocket, the airfare, aftercare and the original price of the surgery adds up. For you lapband patients,, you know what I'm talking about,, you priced what the lapband surgery would cost you in your home area and then made a decision weather to have it done locally or go to Mexico. New info from Dr. Quiroz, he's in the process of building a new clinic and its supposably going to have aftercare rooms for those patients that have the big surgeries. The new clinic is supposed to be opening soon. I'm hoping he's going to run some grand opening specials..

• 1 month later...
Guest CaraMBA09

I recommend Dr. Philip Haeck at Swedish Hospital in Seattle. My girlfriend Raven is a surgical Technician there and he is AMAZING.

Price breakdown...this should be about average for more metro areas:

Full Abdominoplasty:

Dr. Fee $4,500

Facility Fee $2,050

Anesthesia $955

Cosmetassure $150

Pain pump $ 250

Total $7,905

Sorry, I get to beat that one with Dr. Nyte, I know of 2 people who are public with the work he's done on them. (Myself and Pammie) he's has great experience with pts that have been banded. Thanks again Pammie for recommending him to me!! I had an extended tummy tuck, some lippo a breast lift and just had a breast Augmentation. Pammie has posted about her tummy tuck and breast Augmentation. We both are loving it!

And since he's not in the higher priced Seattle area he's able to pass the better prices on to us. However he is one of the best - board certified and has had fellowship training with some of the best Doctors. I just had work done on Friday, and I love it!! You could have a tummy tuck and Saline Breast Augmentation for about the same price as the Seattle Doc Abdominoplasty! (Dont' be mad at me Cara)! I can't tell you how great it is to look in the mirror and actually love how your body looks. Now I know why Pamela Anderson likes to be naked! (OK, I’m not that good, but hey – its an amazing improvement from a huge size 22! I now have a small waist, perky nice shaped breasts – life is good)!

Amazing New Location Specials:

Tummy Tuck...............................3,950

3 Area Liposuction......................3,950

Saline Breast Augmentation........3,950

Botox 125/Area (12 Units)

27539 Maple Valley Black Diamond Rd SE

Suite D-101

Maple Valley, WA 98038

Phone: 425-413-6517

Fax: 425-413-0218

Guest CaraMBA09

HOLY GuacaMOLE...How could I be mad at you? :o

Of course he is more expensive because he is in Seattle, Dr. Haeck is also on the national board and runs many of the conferences, so he has cut down his patient time to 4 days per week...he is that much in demand. I cringed when I was told my tummy tuck and lipo in 2 areas was going to run about $11,500.00 (ouch)

I will definately go talk to your doc! That is the benefit of this board...if there is a better way to do something....share, share alike! Thanks Chicaboom

Amazing New Location Specials:

Tummy Tuck...............................3,950

3 Area Liposuction......................3,950

Saline Breast Augmentation........3,950

Botox 125/Area (12 Units)

27539 Maple Valley Black Diamond Rd SE

Suite D-101

Maple Valley, WA 98038

Phone: 425-413-6517

Fax: 425-413-0218