Restriction after Surgery??

Kittycat

Hi Ladies,

I was thinking last night, after surgery the banded area of your stomach is much much smaller than before it was banded. Although I will be on liquid and mushy diet for quiet awhile, when I finally eat solid food, prior to my first fill, would I not feel some restriction?

I have the feeling of being full after eating a meal? Would I not have this feeling after eating with the band on solid food? Even before my fill?

I hope this question doesn't sound silly. I have read about the ladies who struggle with restriction after surgery and after their fills and was just wondering why? Could it be that they are not eating solid food enough?

Thanks ladies! Cathy

I heard that some people (very few) have restriction immediately after surgery and prior to their first fill.

That was not the case for me.

I ate very little the first three weeks after surgery but then - hello - I was hungry all the time and probably (tho I did not test it) could have eaten just as much as I did before surgery.

My first fill was 5/17 and sad to say, I may be ready for another one.

When all the swelling goes down after surgery, then you should know where you're really at.

Hi Ladies,

I was thinking last night, after surgery the banded area of your stomach is much much smaller than before it was banded. Although I will be on liquid and mushy diet for quiet awhile, when I finally eat solid food, prior to my first fill, would I not feel some restriction?

I have the feeling of being full after eating a meal? Would I not have this feeling after eating with the band on solid food? Even before my fill?

I hope this question doesn't sound silly. I have read about the ladies who struggle with restriction after surgery and after their fills and was just wondering why? Could it be that they are not eating solid food enough?

Thanks ladies! Cathy

I am really careful with solid, solid food and nothing but solid food but the only time I feel any restriction at all is if I don't chew something well or I eat to fast otherwise I could probably eat all day. I chose instead to limit my portions and not eat again until I am truly hungry.

Mom 12.. and what you're doing is working very well. I hope I can be as strong as you are. Keep up the good work on the great weight loss!