Yucky breath and tongue

I posted about a yucky taste in my mouth, a coated tounge and bad breath that I started getting after my May 14th surgery and Jena said it could be Ketosis so I 'Googled' it and it sounds like that is it but now I'm wondering if I should be concerned. I was wondering if anyone else has had this and had talked to a doctor or OCC about it?

"When people eat less carbohydrate, their bodies turn to fat for energy, so it makes sense that more ketones are generated. Some of those ketones (acetoacetate and ß-hydroxybutyrate) are used for energy; the heart muscle and kidneys, for example, prefer ketones to glucose. Most cells, including the brain cells, are able to use ketones for at least part of their energy. But there is one type of ketone molecule, called acetone, that cannot be used and is excreted as waste, mostly in the urine and breath (sometimes causing a distinct breath odor)."

(lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/faq/f/whatisketosis.htm)

I am a carb adict...I start eating REAL FOOD tomorrow; will this condition go away? :(

Anybody know?

Thank you!

Caro

Ketosis is the natural result of cutting back on your carbs so that your body is burning fat for energy. It isn't anything to be concerned about. In fact, an Atkins diet depends on your sending your body into ketosis. Some people never even notice it, while others REALLY have a strong body/breath odor from it. The odors go away after your body accustoms itself to the low carb diet, or when you return to eating more carbs.

You might want to rethink your high carb diet. Most "white" carbs are empty calories with little or no food value. When you are banded, you really can't afford to waste your calories on that stuff as part of your regular diet. Once in a while for a treat is fine, but remember it's always proteins and vegetables first, then carbs if you really feel you need to eat more.