New Lapband Journey

Hi:

My name is Sharon and I was banded on June 12, 2006. I have had a wonderful experience so far. For the first 4 wks I would say, I felt totally satisfied all the time. I had 4oz per meal other than in the AM and at that time I did a protein drink. I never felt urges for different food and I felt perfectly sated at all times. I never felt hunger even one time. I am having to wait until 8 wks for a fill which is next week on Wednesday and I am really ready, at about 6 wks I began to feel hunger just before time to eat, usually around 3:30 to 4:30 in the evening and then again around 10PM or so. I try to always stick to the 4 oz portions, but I really could eat more at this time. I just want to get that feeling back when it was so new in the first 4 wks. I hope the fill will do that for me, if not I will be having another one really soon. I did not do this so I can struggle, I was doing that just fine without surgery.

Hope everyone is doing well with their band and I wish you all good luck and tight bands.

Sharon

Hi:

My name is Sharon and I was banded on June 12, 2006. I have had a wonderful experience so far. For the first 4 wks I would say, I felt totally satisfied all the time. I had 4oz per meal other than in the AM and at that time I did a protein drink. I never felt urges for different food and I felt perfectly sated at all times. I never felt hunger even one time. I am having to wait until 8 wks for a fill which is next week on Wednesday and I am really ready, at about 6 wks I began to feel hunger just before time to eat, usually around 3:30 to 4:30 in the evening and then again around 10PM or so. I try to always stick to the 4 oz portions, but I really could eat more at this time. I just want to get that feeling back when it was so new in the first 4 wks. I hope the fill will do that for me, if not I will be having another one really soon. I did not do this so I can struggle, I was doing that just fine without surgery.

Hope everyone is doing well with their band and I wish you all good luck and tight bands.

Sharon

Sharon - I'm so glad to hear you are doing well with the band. This is a difficult time of adjustment after surgery when you are waiting for the first fill then you hope and pray you hit your sweet spot on the first fill or soon thereafter. I wish you success. Be kind to yourself on this journey and keep posting so we can know how you are doing! Chelley