First Fill 6/14 in Moultrie, GA!

Anyone else going to be there then? My appointment with Darlene is at 10:40. I was surprised at how expensive it is! $549 for the first fill....thank goodness for my stimulus check!

Hi Alana,

yep, the initial visit/fill/fluoro is a bit expensive, but the following visits/fills/fluoro's drop down to $ 285.

I just had my first fill with Darlene (here in Roswell) last Saturday and she really is great!

Keep us posted !!!!

Alana... the ladies at Arlington Pharmacy Fill Clinic state you do not need a floro with the exception of once a year (usually after you've been banded for one year) UNLESS you have good reason to think that the band may have slipped. They say other than that it is not necessary. I'm going for my first fill there early July, and will double check with them again, but based on their experience, if they say I don't need one, then I'm not going to pay the extra $200 for one. Does your cost include a floro? If so, find out how much without it.

The use & cost of fluoro is up to each provider. Darlene the NP who is in Roswell/Moultrie GA does not do a fill without the fluoro. I heard some provider (I think in St. Pete FL) do fluoro as well, but not even charge for extra for it, this is something Mckenzie should be able to answer ;)

I am having my fill in St. Pete tomorrow and they don't charge for the fluro. They do however charge an extra 75.00 if they use barium. The use the fluro to find your port and view the band. Dr. Romero had us drink the barium to see how it flowed after the fill. I'm not sure if I am going to use the barium yet I will wait and see how I feel when I drink after the fill. They charge 379.00 for the initial fill and I think 200.00 there after.

Linda