Dr. Romero no longer at the OCC

I just made an appointment for my second fill and was advised that Dr. Romero is no longer with the OCC!!!

I am SOOO upset!

Wow, why, when and where is he now. Has he moved on to bigger and better things? Awww... he was so fantastic during our first fill w/fluoro! Oh man!!! Have you any news as to why details?

WOW that is a suprise!! What happened? Where did he go? What is he doing? Why did he do it? Maybe Dolittle or Lori can shed some light....

He will be missed!! :lb12: :lb12: :lb12: :lb12:

I am so upset that I want to vomit. I was so unhappy with my last fill and specifically requested Dr. Romero. I am just bawling over this..

Hold the phone!

Dr. Romero is on a long over-due vacation. I'm actually not sure for how long, I think he is taking some time to work on some projects of his own.

Dr. Ortiz has hired an interim, highly qualified addition to our staff. As always, if you have any doubts about the after care/fill doctor you see, you can always request a peek in from Dr. Martinez.

We wish him a fun vacation!

When he talked to me and my step-mom, he told us he was interning with Dr. Ortiz. Maybe it was time for the little bird to leave the nest. :rolleyes:

Jena

As a matter of fact, I asked for him as well when I scheduled my fill yesterday. Claudia said he wasn't in that day, but did not elaborate. I was going to call back and reschedule to a day he was doing the fills.

Hmmm.... a long vacation, huh?? :-? :-? :-?

Guess I will be returning for fill #3, 4 weeks after #2.

Hold the phone!

Dr. Romero is on a long over-due vacation. I'm actually not sure for how long, I think he is taking some time to work on some projects of his own.

Dr. Ortiz has hired an interim, highly qualified addition to our staff. As always, if you have any doubts about the after care/fill doctor you see, you can always request a peek in from Dr. Martinez.

Thats not what I was told. I was told he was no longer with the practice.

What I am upset about, is that when I was there for my first fill on May 26th, he told me to come back in a month or two and he would get me fixed up perfectly with my second fill. Well, I have made arrangements to go back in one month and now he won't be there. I am still going back, just highly disappointed.

Hey Everyone,

When I got my fill in May, Dr Romero told me he was in the process of finishing his Plastic Surgery rotation. He implied that he would be working upstairs as Dr O is putting in a Plastic Surgery Center on the next floor, and that he would be working under the new Plastic Surg doc. Anybody else get this info?

::pouts::

Dr Romero is awesome, so nice and agressive with his fills. Dr. So did my first fill and only gave me 1.3cc and I never had one bit of restriction. I was at OCC a week later with Michelle who needed an unfill and I asked Dr Romero if he would mind adding some to me because I haven't had any restriction since I had my fill. He didn't mind at all, and added 0.5cc to mine to total to 1.8cc, which was the same amount he gave to two ladies the day before for their 1st fill.

He did tell us that he was either in or just out of school for plastic surgery, but felt that the money was more with the LapBand than plastic surgery so he stayed on with Dr Ortiz.

Of course since he's such a hottie ;) I asked him if he was single, and he said yes, but he is dating. He said it was hard to date because he was so busy with work, that he wouldn't be able to devote some time to his personal life right now. Maybe that is why he is taking a break? I wouldn't blame him!

I do hope he comes back!! Maybe we can do something to convince him that he is needed and loved by his patients? We should flood the OCC with Thank You cards, and We Miss You cards. I am sure it would put a smile on his face! I can see Claudia calling him "Um, you have A LOT of mail" Hehehe!

I wonder how the fills are with the new guy Dr Ortiz hired. I have my appointment on Saturday, maybe he will assist me. The most I would want on this fill is 0.5cc, but nothing less than 2.1 total. We shall see!

Lori if you're reading this, please tell Dr Romero that his patients LOVE HIM and we strongly believe that he is a great asset to the OCC! People fly in to Mexico from all over the states to have him perform their fills instead of going to a Fill Center locally! The majority of us schedule to be seen by Dr Romero for our fills, I sure hope he comes back!

><'

Let us know how your fill goes with the new Dr.? I have my 1st fill scheduled 7/4/08.

Dr. Romero is pursuing some other interests... yes, but he is still a member of the OCC crew, he's just taking some time off.

We still have 2 great fill doctors! Dr. Acosta and Dr. So... or as we call him, Dr. Marco. He has been a member of the OCC staff for well over a year, he has been our over night doctor and "back-up" fill doctor for quite some time, so most patients are familiar with him and he has been a LapBand doctor for quite awhile now. He has had the same training as Dr. Romero & Dr. Acosta and is now moving up to "prime time" and working during the day. So he isn't new to OCC or to our patients!

Dr. Romero is pursuing some other interests... yes, but he is still a member of the OCC crew, he's just taking some time off.

We still have 2 great fill doctors! Dr. Acosta and Dr. So... or as we call him, Dr. Marco. He has been a member of the OCC staff for well over a year, he has been our over night doctor and "back-up" fill doctor for quite some time, so most patients are familiar with him and he has been a LapBand doctor for quite awhile now. He has had the same training as Dr. Romero & Dr. Acosta and is now moving up to "prime time" and working during the day. So he isn't new to OCC or to our patients!

Lori is right I have had fills by all 3 of the Dr.s they are all wonderful. Dr. Romero is a great Dr. but please know the other Dr.s are wonderful and not so bad to look at either (real eye candy). I had to had a port replacement on June 5th and Dr. So and Dr. Acosta both worked with me throughout the day the are wonderful. Dr. So did my fill after the port replacement and finally I have great restrictions. I really do like there bed side manor they are both very caring Dr.s They are wonderful and I look forward to getting my fills from them in the future. And Dr. martinez is great as well. I thank them all 3 for there care they gave to me when I really needed it. I was very scared when I was on my way to TJ for my surgery but not once when I was there under there care. The USA really needs more Dr.s like these men.

Lori is right I have had fills by all 3 of the Dr.s they are all wonderful. Dr. Romero is a great Dr. but please know the other Dr.s are wonderful and not so bad to look at either (real eye candy). I had to had a port replacement on June 5th and Dr. So and Dr. Acosta both worked with me throughout the day the are wonderful. Dr. So did my fill after the port replacement and finally I have great restrictions. I really do like there bed side manor they are both very caring Dr.s They are wonderful and I look forward to getting my fills from them in the future. And Dr. martinez is great as well. I thank them all 3 for there care they gave to me when I really needed it. I was very scared when I was on my way to TJ for my surgery but not once when I was there under there care. The USA really needs more Dr.s like these men.

Amen! ><'

We love love love Dr Romero!!

Please don't be hard on Dr. So. He was so patient with my daughter who has a fear (terror) of needles--the guy deserves some kind of medal for taking the time he took with her when we got our first fills with him back in April. He never lost his composure or sense of humor, and the gammit of emotions in the room that day ranged from good to kind of ugly. Please please be kind-- he was super!!

Diana

Wwww wait... Dr. So and Dr. Romano are two different surgeons, so I am sooooooo confused. I am sure Yvette's 3rd fill was done by Dr. So, but the rest of it has me all confused. I know Dr. So was the night time doctor on call, and that Dr. Romano and Dr. Acosta alternated weeks, so I am unsure who has really had fills done by Dr. So.

Angie, just wondering, why did you have to have a port replacement?