I need your help

:wacko: This is how I feel. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I have been strictly on 1200 calories since last Friday. I weighted myself at work: 242 lbs. I weighted myself at home: 241 lbs. Each morning I wake up, go pee (sorry to much information) and then weigh myself. With the littlest weight reduction gives me the feeling that yes I am doing the right thing, the food choices I am making are working, and helps to keep me motived to continue to make good food choices that day. Here is my dilemma. My scale this morning said I weigh 237 lbs., I shower, get ready for work, and when I get to work - I work in scrubs which weigh baring anything - take off my shoes and the scale says I am still 242 lbs. WHAT FREAKIN GIVES? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I have breakfast , mid morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, and a snack. 1200 calories worth, drink between 40-80 fluid ounces of water a day. So tonight my friend and I worked out on the elipical for 30 min. and well continue to work out 5 days a weeks, 30 min. sessions.

Has this happened to others? I feel so alone, and frustrated. Please, can you write me and let me know what is going on with my stupid weight.

:lb12: ~dianna~

Quit weighing so much!!! You'll weigh differently at different times of the day. You should weigh once a WEEK at the same time on the same scale.

The number is not your success. Making the right food choices and following Dr. Ortiz rules are the measure of success. The number is just a byproduct that honestly doesn't mean a whole lot.

How are you feeling? How are your clothes fitting? How's your energy level?

Give the scales a rest and concentrate on doing the right things for the band.

><' Keep the faith!

Jena

I totally agree with Jena... STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE! Never weigh yourself more than once a day, especially, on different scales. You'll drive yourself crazy (or should I say, you've driven yourself crazy). Remember.... once you start exercising, the scale will not go down, but your measurements will. Keep up the great work! Anita

And, here is the rocket scientist speaking:

Scales work on springs. If you get a used scale that has a weaker spring, there is a solid likelihood that there will be an inaccuracy in your weight. A newer scale will be more likely to be close to your accurate weight. Think about two different scales side by side... they may not measure the same, even though you step on one, then straight to the other. If you measure your weight, have a constant in your experiment: the device.

Once a week or twice a week are good time increments to weigh yourself. Here is something else to remember... if you lose 10 pounds per month, you wont see a change in your weight but once every three days (plus or minus). Take your diet a day at a time, and look at the monthly total...

I agree with the others - weigh yourself once. Pick a scale and use just that one as your indicator of how you're doing.

I too do the pee in the morning, and hop on the scale before I jump in the shower (sounds like a workout all in itself)

I don't count pounds lost unless it's for 2 days straight. I count it as a loss on the third day. Why? Because I go up and down, for no reason at all! I have my whole life.

So if I choose to weigh myself every day, just to see where I'm at, I at least give myself a break from all the ups and downs.

Good Luck :rolleyes:

I am in the same boat. What I did was buy a new scale Weight Watchers one its real real cool it gives you youre BMI and keeps track of youre progress, I only weigh in the mornings at the same time. It keep going up and down so I called Dr. M and she said to weigh every other day. And she is right. You get a beeter sence of the real weight loss. And WillT also is right I keeped the old scale and it is always off By 2 pounds. I thru that sucker away.

:wacko: This is how I feel. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I have been strictly on 1200 calories since last Friday. I weighted myself at work: 242 lbs. I weighted myself at home: 241 lbs. Each morning I wake up, go pee (sorry to much information) and then weigh myself. With the littlest weight reduction gives me the feeling that yes I am doing the right thing, the food choices I am making are working, and helps to keep me motived to continue to make good food choices that day. Here is my dilemma. My scale this morning said I weigh 237 lbs., I shower, get ready for work, and when I get to work - I work in scrubs which weigh baring anything - take off my shoes and the scale says I am still 242 lbs. WHAT FREAKIN GIVES? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I have breakfast , mid morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, and a snack. 1200 calories worth, drink between 40-80 fluid ounces of water a day. So tonight my friend and I worked out on the elipical for 30 min. and well continue to work out 5 days a weeks, 30 min. sessions.

Has this happened to others? I feel so alone, and frustrated. Please, can you write me and let me know what is going on with my stupid weight.

:lb12: ~dianna~

I am with you! I weighed myself yesterday and today and up 2 pounds. It gets very frustrating and discouraging. I have been watching what I eat, keep track of it, walk, drink lots of water, and I am gaining weight?? Saturday will be one month from my surgery and with the 2 pound gain, I have only lost 8 pounds since then? Everyone keeps saying to wait till your first fill, why? I feel the restriction now, and eat so much less than I use to. What is the deal? HELP! :lb6: