Extremely uncomfortable

I am just wondering how long this uncomfortable 'full' feeling is going to last? I feel like I am just stuffed full from the bottom of my abdomen clear un into my chest.... I have tried walking, phazyme, gas-x, drinking water to try and get rid of the bloat - NOTHING has worked. :wacko: It is so uncomfortable! I feel so bloated and like I am constantly eating, but I am only eating at the most 800 calories per day. Am I supposed to be eating that many calories per day? I am finally in the drinkable yogurt stage and will be on day 7 tomorrow so able to have some creamy soup. I just want to know how long I am going to feel so darn bloated. To top it off I have not lost anything else so far.... weight fluctuating between 192 and 193 (surgery weight was 192 - RAH!!) so I am getting antsie to see that scale go down. I know... patience. Its just frustrating.

I only had that feeling a few days. My gut didn't get real bloated, but it took me 6 days to have a BM. I had the pain in my shoulder for about 10 days though. Hopefully someone has some answers for you, you must be miserable! Make sure you're getting enough to drink and you should be getting around 1200 cals per day. Best wishes, Darlene

Yes, I had that type of feeling almost my whole 3 weeks on liquids. Just really full and bloated feeling. Then I started on solids and could eat almost anything. Anxiously awaiting my first fill. Hang in there, you'll get through it!

I am having the same feelings. On top of it all, I am so thirsty, but even drinking just gives me the same feeling. I can drink a little water or tea and feel full as a tick...so you can imagine how I feel trying to get in the protein and calories! I am just hoping that this too shall pass! By the way, how are your incisions? Is the glue off yet?

Carrie,

I'm sorry you are still uncomfortable. I feel it a couple of times a day, but not all the time. I did read from someone that a little tylenol or ibuprofen helps, even with the gas pain.

As for not losing yet, don't get discouraged! You just went through surgery and had so much flying to get back, you could very easily be bloated/holding water. I know my feet still feel a little puffy from the flying. All these liquids aren't producing regular daily BM's like I used to have. I read that lap-band patients sometimes only "go" every 3 days or so. So, there are lots of reasons that the scale may not be moving -- yet. BUT IT WILL! Congratulate yourself for staying on liquids instead of worrying about the scale.

Plus, weightloss is so fickle. The scale doesn't seem to corespond with what you are doing on a daily basis. I know in the pre-op diet that I would be working my tail off (counting calories, eating proteins/avoiding fats, exercising) and the scale wouldn't move for 3 or 4 days at a time. And then, it would. And then, it wouldn't.

Hope you feel 100% better soon!

Hugs,

~Tanya

I am just wondering how long this uncomfortable 'full' feeling is going to last? I feel like I am just stuffed full from the bottom of my abdomen clear un into my chest.... I have tried walking, phazyme, gas-x, drinking water to try and get rid of the bloat - NOTHING has worked. :wacko: It is so uncomfortable! I feel so bloated and like I am constantly eating, but I am only eating at the most 800 calories per day. Am I supposed to be eating that many calories per day? I am finally in the drinkable yogurt stage and will be on day 7 tomorrow so able to have some creamy soup. I just want to know how long I am going to feel so darn bloated. To top it off I have not lost anything else so far.... weight fluctuating between 192 and 193 (surgery weight was 192 - RAH!!) so I am getting antsie to see that scale go down. I know... patience. Its just frustrating.

Sorry about all your bloating Carrie I suffured the same thing for the first 8 days.... Its horrible but it does finally pass gas x the little green liq gels worked for me it took a couple of doses though... hope things get better for you I think going back to work helped me I am on my feet all day so the walking does help .... bye for now crissi :girl_sigh:

Tammy - thanks for the reply :D The glue on my incisions is starting to come off a little bit, but for the most part its still there! grrrr! Its somewhat annoying lol. How is yours? I know what you mean about being so thirsty. I am feeling the same!! It will get better... keep the faith! hahaha.

Tanya - Thanks for the support/encouragement! Its so helpful! I am thankful to have this board to come chat on it keeps me sane sometimes lol.

Hi Carrie,

I have the same problem; el bloato. I feel like my stomach sticks out like I'm preg. I was banded June 5 and also retaining fluids. I think it's all the swelling as I'm quite bruised also. I tried heat and then cold; both helped a little; also some pain meds to get thru it. I think it is just typical with abdominal surgery; afterall they did have to do a bit of poking around. My port is also sore. I'm sure this will all pass in a few weeks tho. take care, sufina