11 days after banding

Guest cedartown

Guest cedartown

I'm still being cruel to myself.I'm down 12 lbs in 11 days.

Nothing tastes good in the broth/creamy soup aisle to me anyway.

May 8 pre op diet start 278 lbs.

Today weigh in 251

They coulda just faked a band in me & i believe i can lose it now.I've made up my mind that i'm not gonna be fat anymore.

I'm not trying to be hateful to anyone or anything but this band isn't a cure all.I keep reading about people not losing 1 lb after surgery even after fills etc.

Dr Miranda explained it all if you listened.This is a tool.You still gotta be dedicated to losing the weight.

My advice.Don't get the band if you aren't committed to changing your lifestyle.

You sound really depressed. I know what you are going through. We all do. You are not alone at all, we are here for you. I hated the soup stage too and was licking potato chips and dumb stuff like that, just chewing stuff and spitting it out cause I knew I couldn't have it. Just hang in there. 12 pounds in 11 days is great!

Guest cedartown

Oh,i'm not depressed.I'm happy as heck.

It's good to be back in some older clothes.

I spent 30 minutes catching up on this site & was frustrated with reading people who weren't losing weight.

I havent been there yet (banded), but my understanding is 2 lbs per week. And at my rate right now I'll take those 2lbs a week. I understand this weight just didnt show up and its not just going to go a way that fast either. If I can get more I will take more, If I dont then I will understand that I might have done something wrong so I will take responsability for it. I have read Dr. Ortiz book and I promised to follow the rules thats the only way I know to take my life back. I'm doing this for my health. I know its going to be tough, And by God if i'm going to spend this money I'm going to make it work. And by the way, WTG Cedartown.

Don't forget that the majority of the people who are posting are either pre-band or newly post-band and haven't lost much if at all yet.....key word is yet!

I'm still being cruel to myself.I'm down 12 lbs in 11 days.

Nothing tastes good in the broth/creamy soup aisle to me anyway.

May 8 pre op diet start 278 lbs.

Today weigh in 251

They coulda just faked a band in me & i believe i can lose it now.I've made up my mind that i'm not gonna be fat anymore.

I'm not trying to be hateful to anyone or anything but this band isn't a cure all.I keep reading about people not losing 1 lb after surgery even after fills etc.

Dr Miranda explained it all if you listened.This is a tool.You still gotta be dedicated to losing the weight.

My advice.Don't get the band if you aren't committed to changing your lifestyle.

Hi Cedartown,

I am so excited for you, that's fabulous...you'll hit your goal before you know it...wow from 27's to 25's in just a few weeks, you go girl! Although lets hope your tummy will let you eat some food soon.

Your philosophy is bang on and you are proof it works!!

Keep up the great work, I look forward to joining you in bandland on Tuesday!!

Take care, Cathy

Guest cedartown
Hi Cedartown,

you go girl!

I guess i should spill Dr Ortiz's secret whisper..I'm a man & he said men were better bandsters than women :ph34r: