Just curious............

I was wondering how you know, before you go to Mexico to have the lap-band surgery, if you're a candidate? Do I need to make an appointment with them to get a physical before? I've had extensive surgery to my stomach. How do I find out if they can do the surgery or not?

Get in touch with Lori or Carolyn, the patient coordinators at OCC. Either of them can answer any questions for you - including getting the lap band after previous stomach surgeries.

If they dont' answer, leave a voicemail or email - they'll get in touch with you shortly. Lori was my coordinator and I had a zillion questions before committing to the surgery. She was patient, took the time to explain things in detail, and most of all, made me feel comfortable about the decision I was making. She's a bandster too so that helps!

Good luck!

You may want to also get a copy of your medical records or operative reports if you have had extensive surgery. Dr. Ortiz may want to look at them before taking you on. It will also put your mind at ease to know that he is aware of what has went on in there!