HELP WITH POST OP.

I REALLY NEED SOME HELP GUYS. I GOT BANDED ON TUESDAY AND TODAY IS ONLY SAT. MY STOMACH WILL NOT STOP GROWLING. ALTHOUGH I KNOW WHAT I CAN DRINK I DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH. THE FIRST TWO DAYS WERE EASY BUT NOW MY STOMACH IS GROWLING SO MUCH IT HURTS. I DO NOT WANT TO CHEAT. HOW MUCH DID YOU SUCESS STORIES DRINK IN THE FIRST COUPLE OF DAY? YESTERDAY I DRANK A BOTTLE OF VITIMAN WATER A CAPRI SUN AND ABOUT 4 OZS. OF BROTH. TODAY I DRANK A GLASS OF TEA ONE OF THOSE LITTLE LIQUID YOUGURTS AND A GLASS OF GATORADE. THE YOUGURT ONLY HELD OFF THE GROWLING FOR LIKE 30 MINUTES. GIVE ME YOUR ADVICE AND SUPPRORT AND WHAT EVER ELSE YOU CAN THINK OF. THANKS GUYS. DAWN

It sounds like you're not eating enough; remember broth and things like it have very little calories. I'd make a big bowel of chicken, onion or beef soup and just eat the broth (Lots of herbs, spices and veggies for the nutriants. (I hated those plain boxes or cans). I'd have one for lunch and dinner and in between if needed. (And save the extra for later meals)

I know this is the hard part - but you can make it through. And you'll find techniques - like one of the things I missed was chewing and I'd start chewing my broth. You’re going to have some growling, your stomach is shirking, but I think you need to eat (sip) a little bit more and make sure its really good for you. Also if it gets bad and you think you’re going to cheat (on solids) make yourself go for a walk, come back and have a cup of tea or broth.

Take care!

Lisa

I drank LOTS of protein water, mostly for the protein and fiber. There are 5g of each in 1 bottle. I believe you can have sugar free jello, but most importantly, POPCiCLES! Dr. Miranda said it doesn't matter if they are sugar free or not because you're having so few calories.

They were a real lifesaver. I was really missing chewing too, and I could chew my popcicles. There are also popcicles that have fruit juice in them.

Don't forget you can have fruit juice! Either put lots of ice in it to water down the juice, or mix it with water.

I know it's not a Big Mac, but maybe it will help.

Jena

Hi momonamission! It was nice to meet you. :)

I've been having popsicles and it's helping. I also slowly had one of those fruitista freezes from taco bell with no topping. It's basically a shaved ice popscicle, right? haha My stomach growling wakes me up in the morning it's so loud.

You can start protein shakes tomorrow, right? My surgery was Wednesday and I have it marked on the calendar that today was add liquid yogurt, Monday add protein shakes and Tuesday add creamy soups. I've also seen that other people have thin malt-o-meal during the creamy soups stage, I can't wait for that.

Guest cedartown

Go to Walmart & buy the $14 shaved ice machine.

You can make orange juice,gatorade,any type of juice huge shaved ice drinks.

Make a giant one if you need it..I mean 20-30 ounces.I do this every day several times.

I'm 12 days post op myself.I bought mine pre-op & it helped me lose my weight.

It comes with 2 little bowls you fill with water & freeze.I use a whole block for a huge drink.

Slim fast is awesome with a whole block of ice & a whole can.

I eat it with a spoon just so it feels like eating.

that is an awesome idea cedar... lisa is right. I wish I'd known about that, too. It would've made those first days go by much better. Great suggestion!

THANKS GUYS. I WAS HAVING A VERY WEAK MOMENT. I WENT AND MADE SOME HOMEMADE BROTH WHICH HELPED. I LOVE THE SHAVED ICE IDEA. WAL-MART HERE I GO. ANYBODY ELSE WHO READS THIS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD YOUR COMMENTS. WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER. I CAN NOT WAIT UNTIL SOUPS AND PROTIEN SHAKES. I MIGHT HATE THEM NEAR THE END BUT NOW THEY WOULD BE A GREAT TREAT. DAWN

Fudgesicles too... Dr. M said I could have them and also don't worry about sugar free as you're getting so few cals.[ I won't eat or drink anything with artificial sweetners,... YUCK!!] But it was nice having fudgesicles, I love 'em!

Mona, although your stomach is extremely noisy, just remember, it's not actual hunger. I'm 23 days post-op and my stomach is still really rumbly and loud! I'm sure alot of it is gas, and also just trying to adjust to it's "new" life. Very little food. Once you can start the protein shakes, you will find that will keep you pretty full. Hang in there... it will get easier, and think of the rewards!

Cedar, Loved the shaved ice idea, I would have loved that, but I would go to the mall when I couldn't take it any more and get a bubble tea without the bubbles! It would make me feel so full. Also the little italian ice cups are some of my favorites. Then of course I would lick potato chips!!! Desparate times call for desparate measures.

I REALLY NEED SOME HELP GUYS. I GOT BANDED ON TUESDAY AND TODAY IS ONLY SAT. MY STOMACH WILL NOT STOP GROWLING. ALTHOUGH I KNOW WHAT I CAN DRINK I DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH. THE FIRST TWO DAYS WERE EASY BUT NOW MY STOMACH IS GROWLING SO MUCH IT HURTS. I DO NOT WANT TO CHEAT. HOW MUCH DID YOU SUCESS STORIES DRINK IN THE FIRST COUPLE OF DAY? YESTERDAY I DRANK A BOTTLE OF VITIMAN WATER A CAPRI SUN AND ABOUT 4 OZS. OF BROTH. TODAY I DRANK A GLASS OF TEA ONE OF THOSE LITTLE LIQUID YOUGURTS AND A GLASS OF GATORADE. THE YOUGURT ONLY HELD OFF THE GROWLING FOR LIKE 30 MINUTES. GIVE ME YOUR ADVICE AND SUPPRORT AND WHAT EVER ELSE YOU CAN THINK OF. THANKS GUYS. DAWN

You are not drinking enough and are most likely dehydrated. That would give you stomach pains. You need to be drinking so much more than what you are doing! Believe me, that comes from 3 doctors. When I was banded, 2 days after surgery I had severe vomitting issues and it ended up being from not drinking enough and being dehydrated. I was back at the OCC twice before I could go home and each time I was told to be drinking a lot more. I can't remember exactly how much they wanted me to drink, but it was a whole lot more than what you have listed above. Like 3 to 4 times as much. I was to have at least 3 gatorades a day in addition to whatever else I was drinking. I was to have a bottle of something in my hand at all times sipping constantly. They sent me back to the hotel with a whole bag full of bottles.

I realize you aren't vomitting like I was, but I can still tell from what you are drinking that it is no where near enough. Milkshakes are good and filling too. Just don't get to used to them because once you get to real food, you have to eliminate the milkshakes, but for now, they are ok. Dr. Miranda tells us not to worry about calories during this phase, so go drink MORE!!!!

I went through the same thing...it was like the minute I woke from surgery I felt hungry! I know they say it was "head hunger" but I gotta tell ya...hunger feels like hunger and if I was good at fighting that feeling, I wouldn't be here in the first place! LOL

I felt hungry ALL THE TIME for the first 10 days or so.....then I felt a bit better with the creamy soups but not completely satisfied ever. I just suffered through...I don't know how....until I could EAT! That shaved ice machine sounds like yummy fun!

Just know you can vent, cry and whine to us all you want and we actually know how you feel!