Going Out To Eat

So we went to Golden Corral for dinner tonight. I am at the creamy soups stage so I though I could order the kids buffet and just eat the Clam Chowder. They were only willing to give me the senior citizen discount which meant I paid nine bucks for a small coup of soup. I spoke to the manager. I explained to him about Lap Band and showed him the card. He said that it is "company policy" to only give the senior citizen discount (which is $0.80 less than my husbands). Have any of y'all had a similar situation when you went out to eat? If so, where were you?

I would get on the internet and call the corporate office for Golden Corral and explain the situation and see what they say. It may just be the Manager at the time. All the restaurants that I have been to have been so understanding and I have never had to show the card. They just are really supportive and haven't given me a problem. Yet! Usually I just eat off of everyone else's plate, or order a soup or salad. I suppose that Golden Corral is a big chain and they may not have any set policy for this sort of thing and maybe they need to be informed of the special needs of bandsters and leave it up to individual management, therefore it would be their discretion, but you may get a refund if the corporate policy is different.

I've had the same experience as Dontondan, no problems in over 20 months.

I would call the corporate office as well and let them know you've posted this on a website for bandsters. We generally don't go to buffet restaurants alone unless we are sadists and want to torture ourselves... (But you never know, looks like we are hanging from chandeliers in the "sex" posting and will T is living vicariously through the posting) so not only would they be loosing our business, but our families as well. I’m not going there if they are going to act that way. I eat less than a child…

Good luck!

I went to a restaurant for lunch and ordered the kids meal. Quesdilla, rice and beans. Only could eat the quesdilla. Didn't touch the beans or rice.

The server brought me the bill. He charged me for the kids' meal and added either $1.50 $1.99 as an extra charge.

So I recalculated my bill less the extra charge, figured tax and ended up approving my card for the cost of the kids' meal plus tax.

Checked my statement and it went through.

After that I gave up on ordering kids' meals at restaurants. Too much headache. So if I go with a family member, I share. If I go to lunch with a few girlfriends, I usually share with one of them who is dieting.

Guess you should have ordered just a SOUP instead of the bar? Do they have a regular menu at that restaurant? If not, avoid buffets!

So we went to Golden Corral for dinner tonight. I am at the creamy soups stage so I though I could order the kids buffet and just eat the Clam Chowder. They were only willing to give me the senior citizen discount which meant I paid nine bucks for a small coup of soup. I spoke to the manager. I explained to him about Lap Band and showed him the card. He said that it is "company policy" to only give the senior citizen discount (which is $0.80 less than my husbands). Have any of y'all had a similar situation when you went out to eat? If so, where were you?