Scheduling Second Fill

So, I have little to no restriction.

First fill was May 17 and am going to get a second fill within the next two weeks.

Looking at all options: back to OCC, locally (ripoffs), or go visit best band buddy and get the fill in her part of the world (anything for girls week!)...

Anyone have a private jet and wouldn't care to pick me up?

First fill was May 17 and am going to get a second fill within the next two weeks.

Looking at all options: back to OCC, locally (ripoffs), or go visit best band buddy and get the fill in her part of the world (anything for girls week!)...

GOING TO SEE YOUR BAND BUDDY SOUNDS LIKE AN AWESOME WEEKEND TO ME IF THEY'VE GOT A GOOD FILL DR :)

On the private jet note,... COUNT ME IN TOO!!! :rolleyes: I need another fill [got 1.8 eleven days ago] and can eat everything including bread. :lb20:

Better be careful about mentioning no restriction, some people on here seem to get angry when they hear this for some reason. Just kidding! Well not really, I have received lots of negative comments when I write about no restriction and needing another fill.

I made an appointment at the OCC for my second fill. Flying out on the 26th and taking my neice with me for a small vacation. Then, I go home the 29th. I had decided to go back to the OCC for my second fill because at my first fill Dr. Romero told me that if I came back to him in a month, he would get my second fill just right. Then, the day after I made my reservations, I found out he left.

So, although I would still vote for going back to the OCC, a weekend trip with your friend sounds like a lot of fun too!

Better be careful about mentioning no restriction, some people on here seem to get angry when they hear this for some reason. Just kidding! Well not really, I have received lots of negative comments when I write about no restriction and needing another fill.

I made an appointment at the OCC for my second fill. Flying out on the 26th and taking my neice with me for a small vacation. Then, I go home the 29th. I had decided to go back to the OCC for my second fill because at my first fill Dr. Romero told me that if I came back to him in a month, he would get my second fill just right. Then, the day after I made my reservations, I found out he left.

So, although I would still vote for going back to the OCC, a weekend trip with your friend sounds like a lot of fun too!

Mona I fly in for my surgery on the 26th and leave on the 29th as well, hopefully we will see each other around!

Mona I fly in for my surgery on the 26th and leave on the 29th as well, hopefully we will see each other around!

Oh cool!!!! I'll look you up when I am there. My appointment is for the 27th at 10 am. I'll be with a very short girl with long blonde hair. Look for me!!

going for a 2nd fill..........

Using Fill Center USA (Salt Lake City), since its only about 20 minutes from my house. Has anyone else used them? They seem to be opening offices everywhere. It will be interesting to hear what they preach, as I know their approach towards what and how you eat is a bit different than Dr Miranda. I've only lost 10 pounds since surgery and fill. Even though my size has changed, I feel like the weight should be dropping a little bit..... :wacko:

Arlene

Well...of course I have to vote for the best band buddy fill trip!

For the same price as staying local and getting ripped off, you can come here and we'll have fun fun fun!

I hope you come ><'

p.s. How did I miss your promotion to supreme member? Congrats my friend!!!

Don't you worry AT ALL about making comments about not having enough restriction. You and I have probably done more weight loss programs than the individuals who tell you to follow a careful food plan and exercise. While that is true, it is totally naive to think that is all it takes. I, too, just have to let those suggestions just roll off my back, because if those alone had worked, I wouldn't be trying to lose 100 pounds for the fourth time.. it would have "stuck" the first time I lost the weight. Restriction is important.. meal plan is important.. exercise is important. Like a three legged stool, if one leg is missing, the stool is useless.

Telling someone in this group to follow the food plan and exercise is really repeating the obvious. Let us all assume, unless told otherwise, that the band directions are being followed. If someone is having trouble, support will help more than any advice anyone could give. We all have days we fall off the wagon. We just have to hop back on and go from there. (Even if we need someone to apply a bandaid.) ><'

Don't you worry AT ALL about making comments about not having enough restriction. You and I have probably done more weight loss programs than the individuals who tell you to follow a careful food plan and exercise. While that is true, it is totally naive to think that is all it takes. I, too, just have to let those suggestions just roll off my back, because if those alone had worked, I wouldn't be trying to lose 100 pounds for the fourth time.. it would have "stuck" the first time I lost the weight. Restriction is important.. meal plan is important.. exercise is important. Like a three legged stool, if one leg is missing, the stool is useless.

Telling someone in this group to follow the food plan and exercise is really repeating the obvious. Let us all assume, unless told otherwise, that the band directions are being followed. If someone is having trouble, support will help more than any advice anyone could give. We all have days we fall off the wagon. We just have to hop back on and go from there. (Even if we need someone to apply a bandaid.) ><'

Thanks hon! I was starting to feel like I couldn't come here anymore unless I was losing weight and not feeling so bad. I agree. If diet and exercise alone were enough, I wouldn't have put out this kind of money.

If I hear "the band is just a tool" one more time, I think I'll choke myself! I think we are all very aware of that already and I hate having it crammed down my throat like I am ignorant or something and don't know that. If I wanted instant weight loss I would have had gastric bypass.

My wish is that this 'tool' would work. If it doesn't, then what was the point of getting it? So, hopefully, my second fill (in 2 weeks) will kick this tool into working order!

Mona I think your doing what you think your body needs.. No one knows your body and your band better then you. So if you feel like a second fill is better for you then go for it girl! No backing out now you said I could watch! :P

Don't worry, you can still watch!!! The needle doesn't hurt at all. It just feel weird when the saline goes around your band. Not pain, just a weird feeling.

Just an FYI, my neice that I am bringing is 22 years old but fell out of a window 3 stories high when she was 2, so she is kind of slow. You'll see when you meet her, but just so you know ahead of time why she is kind of 'different'.

ahhh Mona you crack me up.

After my first fill I thought oh yah restriction.. didn't last long and I knew within a week I needed more, I am extremely happy/satisfied (so far) with my 2nd fill.

Paula - I hope this trip get's you the restriction needed to help you eat less and lose some pounds. I have 2.5cc in my 4cc band and it feel great!

also remember that we are older (cough cough) and as we age it is harder to lose weight.. at least for me it has been. I remember the days of starving myself for a week and dropping 10+ lbs... oh wait.. maybe that's why it's so hard now! hahahaha..

anyway... Love reading all the posts... I take some with a grain of salt, some with a roll of the eyes but mostly with a big fat smile and a "uh huh" !!

peace, love and applesauce