Post Op Diet

Hello all! I am at the creamy soup stage of my post op diet. Did any of y'all have anything other than creamy soup during this stage? I was thinking about making some creamed potatoes. (Creamed potatoes may be a southern thing. They are different than mashed potatoes. They are actually "creamed" with an electric mixer and milk.) I am trying to think of things that are about the same consistancy, but will provide me with a little more variety. There are only so many types of soup! :wacko: Also, when it was time for y'all to start solids, did y'all just dive right in or slowly get into solids by having softer foods first?

Thanks for the help!!!

I took the broccholi [?] cheese soup and put it in a blender with a grilled chicken breast and blended it to liquid. I LOVED it! I didn't do it every day, but I was having trouble getting enough protein and the shakes lose their appeal after a few days! My first "real" food after surgery was chicken and mashed potatos. I didn't eat a whole lot, got full quick, but it was so good!!

Hi,

I had soup at hand creamly velvet soup on last few days of soup stage. My favorite soup was chicken tortilal soup (see recipe section).

I, like a few others, licked a few chips and sucked on a few cheetos before we were clear to eat solids. When I did eat solids (20th day), I had a cheese quesdilla.

Hello all! I am at the creamy soup stage of my post op diet. Did any of y'all have anything other than creamy soup during this stage? I was thinking about making some creamed potatoes. (Creamed potatoes may be a southern thing. They are different than mashed potatoes. They are actually "creamed" with an electric mixer and milk.) I am trying to think of things that are about the same consistancy, but will provide me with a little more variety. There are only so many types of soup! :wacko: Also, when it was time for y'all to start solids, did y'all just dive right in or slowly get into solids by having softer foods first?

Thanks for the help!!!

Yeah, the consistency of the liquid is the biggest thing - I even blended up some ravioli really well and had that one night! Another thing to consider though is to make sure you're not having really high fat things like that very often. Your main objective right now is to heal the stomach with liquids, but you also sure don't want to gain weight!

Also, I remember Dr. Miranda saying that Dr. Ortiz does not do a "mushy" stage - you to to full solids after the 21 days so that your band can work properly - only solids can really be "blocked" by the band - mushy stuff can often slip right through, which makes the band virtually useless - so stick to solids.