Going to TJ for 1st fill Aug 17th

I was banded June 9th and have decided it's time for my 1st fill. Since I live in the Los Angeles area, I was trying to decide the best way to go. When I went for surgery I took Amtrak - this was great! But since pickups are no longer free, this is not the best option for me. I must take my son along who is in a wheelchair - I'm not comfortable putting him in a 'cab' through Mexico even for a short ride.

My other option (since I didn't want to spend $$$$ for Ortiz transportation) was to buy Mexican car insurance for the day. Much to my delight I was able to secure great coverage for $6.00/day with a $10 charge for processing. Since the clinic is only 5 miles from the boarder (directions sent by Rene) this sounds like a good choice.

Rest assured that I will be driving very very carefully :)

I have lost a total of 34lbs, but have been on a plateau for about 2 weeks - so I figured that this is just what I need to jump start me into further weight loss. I've got a looong way to go!! I'm still a bit confused if I'm eating right....I think I need to email Dr. Mirada for some answers :)

Hi Cindy,

My husband and I drive when we go to TJ and haven't had any problems, but I do suggest the Mexican auto insurance for anyone considering driving - your U.S. insurance is void in Mexico!!

good luck and keep us posted!