newly banded and feeling strange

hey bandidos!

i was banded on 4/24 and have not yet had my 1st fill. the problem is that almost everything i eat feels like it's sitting high up between my breast area, then feels like it eventually slides down. i could understand meat or celery, but i'm talking about chunky noodle soup!!! now the truth is i don't chew well enough or long enough, i know. but come on....noodle soup? i have a 4cc band. my friend had a 10cc band placed on 5/7 and nothing gets stuck. is this feeling typical? is this how it will feel after my fill? help please!!!

hey bandidos!

i was banded on 4/24 and have not yet had my 1st fill. the problem is that almost everything i eat feels like it's sitting high up between my breast area, then feels like it eventually slides down. i could understand meat or celery, but i'm talking about chunky noodle soup!!! now the truth is i don't chew well enough or long enough, i know. but come on....noodle soup? i have a 4cc band. my friend had a 10cc band placed on 5/7 and nothing gets stuck. is this feeling typical? is this how it will feel after my fill? help please!!!

Sounds like you have good restriction without having a fill. Good for you!! You are lucky.

You know how we all have basically the same design of body, yet some people have tiny feet, some have really long noses, some have wide-set eyes, etc...well it's the same way on the insides of our bodies. A band that gives no restriction on one person may provide restriction even without a fill on another. With the band, you simply cannot compare your restriction/fills/etc. to others because we're all so different. You know you have to chew a ton - even and especially on noodles which are basically a bread product. Consider yourself lucky that you aren't having to worry about fills for now since you seem to have a natural restriction! :)

Its amazing how different we all are. And I know its noodle soup, but you still have to really chew, there may be chunky things in there like celery and chicken, and you might not realize they are in too big of pieces. Also if you don’t chew the noodles think about it they may glum up in your new smaller stomach.

(Good luck with your fill today Mona)!

Remember 30 times to chew per bite. Its strange but try that and see what happens, plus its really good to get in the habit now before your fill, and yes that is what it feels like. And it does fill like you're chewing air some times - but I do it anyway.

Also when you start feeling like that (and it’s not comfortable) stop eating, and if needed go for a walk. What is really bad is if you keep going – horrible feeling when things get stacked up!

Best,

Lisa

That is exactly how I was. Everything got stuck and I PBed constantly right after surgery. I am doing better on ym chewing now, but I did lose alot of weight in the first two months from it.

Your story is similiar to mine and bandgroupie's. She's got the VG band and felt something get stuck maybe once since being banded on 4/4. Since the day I started eating solids - at least one or two meals EVERY day gets stuck. Seriously - it's a challenge for me to eat. And eating out horrifies me. I ordered catfish the other day (first time ever) at a BBQ joint just because I knew the meat would get stuck and our dinner guests haven't seen the "stuck face" yet like my hubby and son have. They are used to it. Lasts about 5 minutes until I either PB or final get burps up. Either way, it's embarrassing. At a friends house for dinner over the weekend, I cut up the pork in bites like I would for my 7 year old - and then halfed them again - just to be sure I was eating small enough bites.

Take the time to take smaller bites - I say that lightly as every time I eat, and it gets stuck, I ask myself - now when will I finally learn to take smaller bites and eat slower? Seriously though, it does work, when I do it. I just have to make the time and effort to do it. I just don't make much time to eat I'm realizing. I eat on the go - and that's not how a successful bandster eats as I'm learning!

Good luck!! You're not alone. ><' I was envious of bandgroupie's no restriction, can eat anything she wants - while she was envious of me getting things stuck.