I know you guys are tired of me asking questions....

But I got one more... :P

When they say you have to wait 1 hour before you can have something to drink after you eat. Is it 1 hour from the time you start eating or one hour from the time you put your fork down?

Ok 2 more questions..lol.... Carolyn is giving me the option of doing my pre op testing the day arrive at 1:20 p.m. or doing the pre-op testing and my surgery all in one day.. Which would you experienced bandsters say would be better the day before or do it all on the day of surgery? I would have to arrive fasting on the day before and I dont get there until 1:20 in the afternoon.

After you finished eating :( I know ... it seems like forever and sometimes I really do have a hard time, especially eating out, but if I can't help it - I'd have a tiny sip anyways :ph34r:

Oh, and if you have a chance, I'd go by doing it all at the same day !! I had my pre op and surgery on a Monday (arriving on Sunday evening). Get it over with :D

BTW, I like your new name ;)

Since we are so close, give me a call anytime you have questions! I am always here. I am gonna PM you my number.

There you goooo .... :D

We had one lady coming in for pre op on Monday and scheduled to get the surgery done on Tuesday, but she got so excited and so they told her that they could squeeze her in - oh boy ... she jumped into that hotttt paper thong and was ready to go :D

Call the OCC and ask them if there is enough time to get the surgey the day you get in and if so, DO IT!! The sooner it's done, the more time you have to heal afterwards.

But WAIT!!!! If you get it done early, you won't be there to see my naked belly!!!!!! And I know how excited you are for that! LOL!!!

Mona do you really think they would do that though? Come to think about it, I think I will want to wait cuz I want to have that last "light" dinner with my band buddy that is having surgery the same day I am.. So I think I better just hold my horses... LOL! And plus I have got to be there to see you get your fill!

Honestly, I'm glad my surgery was done the day after I arrived. Even though I fasted and was starving by the time we got back to the hotel, I was glad I had that night to relax, spend time with my mom, have a yummy last meal, etc. Granted, I could have done all those things (except for the eating) after my surgery, I just felt more rested and mentally prepared for my surgery the next day. I was exhausted after travelling from Florida and I couldn't imagine having surgery after all that travel. It's up to you, but that's my vote!

We did ours on separate days too. I must admit after my pre-ops I was ready to go in for my surgery, but we enjoyed shopping that evening and having our last meal. :rolleyes:

I ended up arriving in TJ too late for my pre-op so they did it the next morning and I had it all done in one day. That worked out fine for me because I went shopping instead of to the clinic! Also ate a nice dinner that evening out!

I arrived on Thursday and went straight to the clinic (11:00). I did not get out of there until 2:30 so I was starving. The next day I went for surgery and did not have it until about 2:00 (again starving). The sucky part was that two people got there on Friday had their preops done that day and thier surgery done that day before me!!!!! I was a little disappointed in that because I made sure to get there early for my preops, but I guess it does not matter to them. So, long story short I would say do it all in one day it will save you hours of sitting at the clinic. Hope this helps. - Jamie