Hey everyone...I had surgery June 4th so that makes me what...7 days post op??!! I feel good but today I'm so bloated!! :lb12: I'm not in PAIN...but just uncomfortable. Can you all tell me when the swelling and bloatness (is that even a word?? haha) goes away??? I just wanna feel normal again...I'm losing weight...5 lbs since surgery but still so gassy. Thank you all for listening.

Angela

Hi Angela,

I think it took me about a good 2 weeks for the bloated/gassy feeling to completely go away. I'll be 5 weeks post op on Friday and I honestly don't feel like I had anything done to me (surgery wise). I feel great! I know it sucks, but this time will pass, I promise!

usmcwife,

This is a miserable time for you. I took Phazyme and it helped alot with the gas and fullness feeling. The shoulder pain was what got me down, however about day 12-14, somewhere in there, it all mysteriously went away. Just hang in there it does get better!

Thanks Alana!! I know it's still fresh but today is just one of those days...the port site is sore...I feel bloated...the list goes on..haha...Thanks again!! ><'

Hi Angela, Have you tried taking Phayzime for the gas? Gas X strips didn't work for me. The bloatness [ ;) ] lasted about 11 or 12 days for me... like you said, not really pain, just discomfort. Do you have the shoulder pain too? I had that off and on and lasted a little longer than the bloating. Warm to hot drinks soothed me, my favorite is hot tea. Good luck and best wishes, Darlene

Hi Darlene...actually you know...I have not tried Phazyme!!! :wacko: The strips don't work so I kinda ruled that out...did you take the pills?? I will get some tonight and try some chamomille tea...thanks! As far as the shoulder pain goes...I have not had the shoulder pain-THANK GOD- but my mom, who was banded the same day, got it real bad. I think she's better now. I just feel bloated above my belly button to right in between my rib cage...NOT FUN!!

Well I haven't had a problem but I didn't go yesterday...that may be my problem... #-o

Everyone is different, but I felt really swollen and bloated for a couple of weeks after the banding

Hi Darlene...actually you know...I have not tried Phazyme!!! :wacko: The strips don't work so I kinda ruled that out...did you take the pills?? I will get some tonight and try some chamomille tea...thanks! As far as the shoulder pain goes...I have not had the shoulder pain-THANK GOD- but my mom, who was banded the same day, got it real bad. I think she's better now. I just feel bloated above my belly button to right in between my rib cage...NOT FUN!!

I did take the Phazyme and it worked for me. They're gel caps so they go down smoothly. I know everyone repeats this over and over, but it's true, the more you walk, the better. My house is open down stairs and I walked in a big circle over and over. I forgot to mention also, I'm a sloucher and when I slouched it was more uncomfortable. I learned to sit up straighter and it seemed to relieve some of the discomfort. Hope you're feeling better!! :yes:

Hey everyone...I had surgery June 4th so that makes me what...7 days post op??!! I feel good but today I'm so bloated!! :lb12: I'm not in PAIN...but just uncomfortable. Can you all tell me when the swelling and bloatness (is that even a word?? haha) goes away??? I just wanna feel normal again...I'm losing weight...5 lbs since surgery but still so gassy. Thank you all for listening.

Angela

I lived on the Gas-X chewable tablets, only thing that got me through & walking ALOT. I was so bloated and my shoulder was hurting so bad from the gas.