Considering aggressive fill?

For those of you and especially Dolittle, I mentioned getting an aggressive fill when I go for my 3rd one at the chat night Monday. I am not sure what kind of aggressive would be, but I am at 4.7cc in a VG band and I believe it holds up to 10cc. I would like to be at 7cc, but maybe that is too aggressive. I still have some restriction, but I only notice it at certain times of day when I am not active. Maybe 6.5cc? Dolittle warned me about being careful and I will not suffer through any misery and will get an unfill if necessary. I would never want to endanger myself or my band. ;)

So, if anyone here other than Dolittle(please feel free to chime in as well), that has had an aggressive fill or suggestions or advice about getting one or having one, please reply. It would be greatly appreciated. I hope to get it by the end of the month.

Thanks and hope all are having a great week!

Peace,

Judy

Judy,

Last year I got 2 fills and was at a great spot and losing. Well, I felt like I wanted to lose faster so I had another .2 put in. BIG mistake. I couldn't keep water down and had to fly back down to have an unfill. Then of course 4 weeks later went back to have another regular fill and at that point knew what my optimum cc's were. So, I would say it's better to be conservative even if it means going back in another month. At worst, if you have an aggressive fill, then have to have an unfill, then another fill once your tummy has had a break, you've already spent $ on one extra trip. Why not wait, see what happens with a decent average amount added, and then if you have to go back again? I know that it's frustrating to keep waiting and see what happens. But being too tight is really really awful. Hope that helps!

Karen

Judy, I have the VG band as well - I was banded 10/6/06 and have 6cc's in my band.

I've lost over 125 pounds and I never wanted to take the chance of putting my band or myself at risk. Its not worth loosing your band, because if you do you're just plain screwed. All of the hard work, money, time and everything emotional we put into this, is for nothing.

You’re going to loose the weight, you want to do it carefully and in a smart manner. One thing people are surprised about in regards to my weight loss is how I look. I don’t have that look that people get when they loose fast – your skin really drops and you look old and tired. Take you time, don’t take chances – we don’t want anything bad to happen to you!

Best,

Lisa

Dream and Lisa... huge ><' and =D> on your weight loss. You are both such an inspiration. I can't help you out with your fills Dream, I haven't had any yet. But let us know what you decide and how you make out! Good Luck.. Anita

Hey dream,

Mon night was fun,

I have the smaller band, but it seems like with what I have read, that the 10cc band, people have been hovering around 5cc or a little more. why don't you start a thread to ask what the average fill/sweet spot is for your band.

Don't forget, just because we want an aggressive fill, we don't always get it. I am going for my second fill in Tn. I hope I can develop a good repore with this Dr. so we can work together on optimal weight loss.

c'ya

my first fill in a VG band was 5 ccs and my second was 1.5 putting me at 6.5 in a 10cc band and i still have very little restriction...so good luck! its best if you explain to your Dr. how u are feeling and what u can eat and what u do eat...they will be the best at making the decision! good luck!

one more thing i try and think of is that if youve lost 90lbs without a tight band..you can lose another 90 without being tight (and risking the band)! in the last 2 months ive lost 15lbs with little restriction...so i know i can lose another 15 in two months before my next fill!