Getting it done on Friday the 13th

:o

Hi, I'm Suzanna and I'm having my surgery on Friday the 13th. I've been reading lots and lots of your posts and getting some very helpful info (especially shopping on Revolution Ave.!) and some scarry info like things getting stuck and bad gas, etc. WHAT IS PBing, is that actually throwing up?

Pre op is very hard for me, because had to quit smoking, and drinking (I love my mimosas!) and go on a liquid diet all at the same time. Needless to say I'm not doing so well. I do great during the day, but once I'm home from work I'm really bad. I haven't gained any weight, but I probably haven't lost any either. I'm really going to try and be good for the next three days.

Anyway, I'm really excited and scared and very hopeful.

Hi Suzanna! I'm in the same boat as you right now. I'm having surgery on the 19th and also had to quit smoking and drinking and pretty much eating all at the same time. These are not easy things to do alone so trying to quit them all at the same time is TORTURE!!!! lol! Hang in there though you only have a few days left and it will all be worth it in the end!

Hi Suzanna, I'm Angela! I was banded on June 4th. Yes girl, it is sooo hard to do pre-op!! Having to quit smoking, drinking, and eating all at once has got to be hard but stay with it!! It's so worth it. I have lost 15 lbs to date since I started my pre-op diet the day after Memorial Day!! I live in Sylmar so we can be band buddies since we're so close!! Good luck...you'll do fine. The gas pain is nothing nice but it's manageable!! I think PBing is when you eat or drink too fast and it comes back up, which is not good because I guess too much of it can cause band slippage...maybe one of the band vets can confirm that!! Take care!!

Angela

:o

Hi, I'm Suzanna and I'm having my surgery on Friday the 13th. I've been reading lots and lots of your posts and getting some very helpful info (especially shopping on Revolution Ave.!) and some scarry info like things getting stuck and bad gas, etc. WHAT IS PBing, is that actually throwing up?

Pre op is very hard for me, because had to quit smoking, and drinking (I love my mimosas!) and go on a liquid diet all at the same time. Needless to say I'm not doing so well. I do great during the day, but once I'm home from work I'm really bad. I haven't gained any weight, but I probably haven't lost any either. I'm really going to try and be good for the next three days.

Anyway, I'm really excited and scared and very hopeful.

Hang in there Suananna, believe me, I KNOW it's hard! :lb12: I, myself, consider PBing as throwing up. I had an episode yesterday and it wasn't pretty. I've had one fill so far and have very little restriction. If I could give ANY advice to new-to-be bandsters it would be..... learn ahead of time how to eat small bites and chew thoroughly and practice at every meal! I didn't relearn how to eat ahead of time and am now paying for it. I still eat very fast and don't chew well. I had a slice of Pizza last night and ate it too fast and it got stuck. OMG does it hurt!! My mouth watered like mad and I was leaning over the sink heeving for 5 minutes. [TMI but] foamy slime and bits of pizza came up. Now my stomach muscles hurt today and I broke little blood vessels around my eyes. No fun, let me tell ya! :blink:

I didn't have to quit smoking or drinking before surgery, but I do understand addiction and I know it's really hard. Keep reminding yourself of the outcome :i-m_so_happy: Best wishes, Darlene

Hi, thanks guys - good advice!

I know there are quite a few of us who have either just had the lap band put in or getting ready too; how about letting us know what you - tips, tricks, certainly what to avoid, help with post op pain and discomfort.

By reading posts I've heard some good things that I'm using or going to be using such as Phayzine and the great protein shake mix you can get at GNC. I'm especially concerned with the first month post op - I'm sure there's a lot of info you guys can share abouth that.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Suzanna

p.s. I'm still trying to get a picture posted, but I'm having trouble - even using Michelles instructions and using Photobucket any help here would also be appreciated.

p.p.s. I fell like a have a whole bunch of new friends!