Anyone who turned their sugery into insurance...

Hello everyone! I've read in the past that some bansters turned their surgery into their insurance and they got part or all reimbursed. I was wondering what insurance you have? I have Anthem Blue Coss Blue Shield. I know that insurances vary alot, but wondered if anyone else had it and turned their surgery in. I'm gathering my info. [any help with that would be greatly appreciated, what all do I need??] I'm gonna try, hopefully I'll get some back, Momma needs another fill!! ;) Thanks everyone!! Much love, Darlene

It all depends on what your employer has selected for the coverage. If your employer requested it, it will be in your policy. If not, the coverage won't be there. BCBS does offer the coverage, but if your employer doesn't add it to the basic policy, no way will they cover it.

Get your policy and look in the "exclusions" section. If it's not in your coverage it will say that bariatric surgery is not covered.

HTH,

Jena

Even if the policy says WLS is excluded, some portions of it may be reimbursed. I just submitted an itemized list (from Rene at OCC) to my insurance asking them to cover the pre-op tests. They are general health tests that are good to get anyway so they might cover them. I've heard of others that have been successful in this request, but it seems to take a few times of submitting it to get it covered.

Thank you for your replys! ><' I called my hubbies insurance before I even scheduled my surgery at the OCC and they said his policy doesn't cover any weight loss surgery. But I read on the forum [here] that others had the same situation, their insurance didn't cover WLS and had turned their surgery into their insurance and they got reimbursed some or most of the costs. I'm going to try, like you said, maybe they'll give me back for the testing. Thanks again and anyone out there in a similar situation, I'll post what happens. Darlene