Booked my 3rd Fill - Poll inside!

What should I say about my last fill?   

10 members have voted

1. 1. How much should I tell the new fill doctor about my last fill?

• Full Disclosure- Tell him about 2.3 being too much and risk him only giving me .3ccs or less.
    • Partial Disclosure- Tell him I got 2.0ccs at my 2nd fill and that it isn't restricting me enough and let him decide how much for the new fill?
    • Other- Explain your advice below

Well since my love Dr. Romero is taking a break from the OCC and I don't have a lot of time to travel this month I am going to break down and go the Las Vegas branch of Fill Centers USA for my 3rd fill next week... I filled out the online form (easy) and spoke with Judy when I booked the appt. yesterday who was really helpful. I really wanted something sooner but she said Jun 21st was the earliest that they had available.

I want a good fill but I am thinking I won't get too much because I guess I will have to tell the new doctor that when I had 2.3 ccs in my band I couldn't keep anything down. Of course in retrospect I think I just ate too fast on that first meal and then the swelling from 3 PB episodes meant that nothing would stay down and that scared me into thinking I was too tight so I had .3 taken out for a total of 2.0 ccs now.

3days after that fill I ate one cracker, one piece of cheese and one peice of ham from my son's lunchable and was so full I almost PB's (I guess I was still swollen from the PB episodes, but I was happy that I couldn't eat more than that, lol) fast forward 3 weeks and now I am able to eat 4-8 oz of steak and chicken without feeling very full so I am having to stop myself since the band isn't doing it for me anymore. I can even eat bread now with 2.0ccs which I couldn't do at 1.6ccs, (that makes no sense to me but whatever, lol) I am still losing but I think it's from the exercise I have been diligent about keeping up with. July 4th is only 3 weeks away so I don't think I'll make my goal of 14 more lbs but I would be happy to be at 180 by then, that's still 3 lbs a week so we shall see!

This fill isn't going to be under fluro which concerns me especially since I am expecting it to be a smaller fill... but they do offer a free unfill for 72hrs after your fill so if it is too much I can get it fixed quickly! I guess they just base it off of how you feel when drinking water so we will see how that works out for me, I know many of you have had great results with fills not under fluro so I hope I will be just as lucky.

I am going to turn this into a poll if you guys don't mind, what do you think I should tell the new fill doc?

Won't they pull out your fill to see how much you have before they fill you? I thought they try to keep track to see if any saline is "disappearing" :ph34r: I think telling him that you got 2 would be good, it's the truth, and just go from there. Good luck and let us know how it goes! Fingers crossed for you :yes:

I've been observing all the comments about feelings immediately after fills. (Hey, I'm a scientist... I always look at the scientific angle)

I'm beginning to think that a lot of what we experience immediately after fills is due to swelling. Notice how many people can't swallow well for several days, then it gets easier and easier over a few more days.

I'm beginning to have a theory that our bands may keep the stomach swollen for as much as 6 days for some people. I'm not a doctor, and I don't play one on TV, but the theory fits at this point. I'll keep observing.

mama... tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. The rep at the fill center needs to know if you had a complication from an earlier fill so he/she can keep a closer eye on you. I was given the cell number of the fill center rep in my area. She wanted me to feel confident that she was available should I have a glitch, though she didn't predict one. I voted to tell the whole history.

Michelle, you should tell the truth, and the truth is that you have 2cc's. If you tell the provider that you had 2.3cc and that your band was too tight, he/she may be reluctant to give you the fill you would normally get on the predisposition that you may get too tight. However, if you do tell him/her, be sure to tell them what you just told us - that you think you ate too fast and acted out prematurely by requesting a refill. Then I guess its their call. Good luck and keep us posted.

Misty spoke my mind :D I'd do it that way as well. I wish you good luck for your fill and keep us posted !!!

Michelle, you should tell the truth, and the truth is that you have 2cc's. If you tell the provider that you had 2.3cc and that your band was too tight, he/she may be reluctant to give you the fill you would normally get on the predisposition that you may get too tight. However, if you do tell him/her, be sure to tell them what you just told us - that you think you ate too fast and acted out prematurely by requesting a refill. Then I guess its their call. Good luck and keep us posted.

Go to Dr. Marco.. I think you would love him, too..

First of all I want you to know how much I have gleaned from all of your posts. You truly inspire me. To answer your question I believe you should tell him the whole truth and explain it like you did to us. It may be your body now would accept .3 or more because you don't have the swelling and you're just that much further from your original banding. Especially since you have the 72 hours to get it fixed if it is too much. Honesty is always the best policy. Trust the experience of the Doctor and make sure you have enough time to really talk about it so you feel comfortable (literally) with the amount!!!

Michelle,

I think you should give a full disclosure --Just because you felt that you were too tight at 2.3 cc's before doesn't me it holds true now. You have lost weight since your last fill, therefore, lost fat around your stomach. I am no doctor, but I venture to say that 2.3 cc's will not feel the same now, it may not even be enough now??

Let the fill doctors, advise you based on all the information.

You have done fabulously in your weight loss so far, don't jeapordize your health. In the grand scheme of things, if it takes you an extra month or two to lose your weight, will it really matter?

Well since my love Dr. Romero is taking a break from the OCC and I don't have a lot of time to travel this month I am going to break down and go the Las Vegas branch of Fill Centers USA for my 3rd fill next week... I filled out the online form (easy) and spoke with Judy when I booked the appt. yesterday who was really helpful. I really wanted something sooner but she said Jun 21st was the earliest that they had available.

I want a good fill but I am thinking I won't get too much because I guess I will have to tell the new doctor that when I had 2.3 ccs in my band I couldn't keep anything down. Of course in retrospect I think I just ate too fast on that first meal and then the swelling from 3 PB episodes meant that nothing would stay down and that scared me into thinking I was too tight so I had .3 taken out for a total of 2.0 ccs now.

3days after that fill I ate one cracker, one piece of cheese and one peice of ham from my son's lunchable and was so full I almost PB's (I guess I was still swollen from the PB episodes, but I was happy that I couldn't eat more than that, lol) fast forward 3 weeks and now I am able to eat 4-8 oz of steak and chicken without feeling very full so I am having to stop myself since the band isn't doing it for me anymore. I can even eat bread now with 2.0ccs which I couldn't do at 1.6ccs, (that makes no sense to me but whatever, lol) I am still losing but I think it's from the exercise I have been diligent about keeping up with. July 4th is only 3 weeks away so I don't think I'll make my goal of 14 more lbs but I would be happy to be at 180 by then, that's still 3 lbs a week so we shall see!

This fill isn't going to be under fluro which concerns me especially since I am expecting it to be a smaller fill... but they do offer a free unfill for 72hrs after your fill so if it is too much I can get it fixed quickly! I guess they just base it off of how you feel when drinking water so we will see how that works out for me, I know many of you have had great results with fills not under fluro so I hope I will be just as lucky.

I am going to turn this into a poll if you guys don't mind, what do you think I should tell the new fill doc?

Hi Michelle,

I have seen Dr Riccardi at the fills centers here in Las Vegas. I have had 2 fills done, one with floroscopy and one without. He was great. i am such a worry wort and freak out super easy, but they were so wonderful, my experience with them has been very positive. I would suggest you be honest. This is your health you're talking about, and you don't want to hurt yourself. You are doing great so far. =D> =D> =D>

Good Luck Christi

Hey Michelle... how are you? You're looking great! I was with you the night of your bad PB'ing and you were drinking water before and during your "5 bites of ceaser salad". I totally agree with Will that the concensus seems to be that your stomach does swell. Also... keep in mind, that the more weight you lose, the looser the band gets. I agree with telling them exactly what happened. They are experts and I know you can trust them! Good luck kiddo!