Tomorrow is my big day!!!

Well, it's finally arrived, my Band Day - yahoo!

We (my sister and I) will drive from Palm Springs, CA to San Ysidro (Mexicoach) tomorrow morning at O'Dark Early (4:00 am), its going to take around 2.5 - 3 hours to get there for my 8:00 am pick up to take me to the hospital. I couldn't go today because my daughter graduated high school this evening (actually, it was yesterday considering it's 1:30 am Friday the 13th).

So......... I'll get to the hospital, have all the pre op work done and then have the procedure in the afternoon I suspect; stay the night at the hospital and then the next night at the hotel???? Whatever, (as my teen used to always say) as long as I can get some shopping done (God, please let me feel okay to go shopping - you know how I am!). I'll leave Mexico on Sunday and then (thank you Lord!) have a full week in beautiful Palm Springs to re-coup before having to go back to work. The only huge bummer is I guess no swimming allowed and I love to swim! So there I'll be, going back to work with a real nice tan and hopefully a pound or two lighter - nobody's going to beleive my story about having surgery and needing a week off to re-coup.

Anyway, you've all been a big help just reading all of your posts and I wanted to let you know that for those contemplating the surgery, just reading all of your posts really helped, especially concerns about going into Mexico for surgery - although the thought of going into Mexico was exciting as I think Latin men as the most gorgeous creatures around!

Wish me luck and throw in a prayer for me - I mean surgery is surgery, and it's always a little scary.....

Suzanna

Suzanna, I'm sending prayers, hugs and best wishes!!! Are ya feeling the love??!! ><';) You'll do just fine and will be in the best hands. Relax and enjoy and get an eye full of the Doc's.... :wub: :heat: Keep walkin' and sippin' and you'll do just fine! Darlene

Good luck Suzanna!! Shortly you'll be an official bandster.... and your life will begin to change!!

Dar said it right... walking and sipping!! The first few days will go quickly. Let us know how it goes, and tell Dr. Ortiz hello from the peanut gallery!

Luck and Prayers, sweetie! Just relax and put your feeties into the pool and enjoy the sun (I am in the North-wet and am not lucky enough to see that). I am sure you will feel up to shopping....I was calling for a cab within minutes of returning to the hotel! I can relate!