Do you have ...

... a family member or friend asking like every day how much weight you have lost ?

Well I do have one of those back home in Germany and she just kills me with that question. I mean this is beyond being interested and participating in "ones" success, I'd call it annoying ;) and I sure don't drop like 10 lbs a day that it would be worth asking #-o

So yesterday ... after she asked me for the 10348023957405th time to send me an updated picture, that she could finally see how I look after losing 30 lbs (and like 87 lbs more to go!!!) I thought ... mmmhhh let me see how I can get you ;) I went through all my pic's and I found the one taken in LV last year, you know the fake ones, where they have different magazine covers with someone famous on it and they just replace the original face with yours ? Yep I took that and sent it off .

I guess she must be in shock, because I haven't heard from her since ....

This is DH & I - don't we look good?

:D:lol2::laugh1:

2575253681_ea6fee31ef.jpg

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda

That is so funny! I love that cover. Y'all look smashing!

I talked about the very topic with my therapist yesterday. I'm a little concerned because I've lost 40 pounds and I still have a lot to lose. I don't want to answer someone and them think "OMG she's lost 40 pounds! I wonder how much she weighs 'cause she needs to lose a whole lot more!" I don't mind telling them AFTER I've lost it all, but now, I'm ready to stop offering up the information.

My therapist suggested that I come up with a standard answer, something like "I've lost a good amount, but I've still got more to go. I've lost 2 sizes!!" She said that most people wouldn't push it any farther. She said if they do, just flat out say, "None of your business." :P

I can't wait until someone asks me! I want to try out my new boundary.

Jena

Oh yes!! I have one of those... his wife had gastric bypass surgery over a year ago, and is now WAY too skinny (instead of 40, she looks about 60, and her back is humped and chest concave). He's so "proud" of her and always wants to compare the two of us ("Annie lost over 100 lb. in 9 months... how come you don't lose that fast?). Frustrates the heck out of me. LOL!

That is so funny! I love that cover. Y'all look smashing!

I talked about the very topic with my therapist yesterday. I'm a little concerned because I've lost 40 pounds and I still have a lot to lose. I don't want to answer someone and them think "OMG she's lost 40 pounds! I wonder how much she weighs 'cause she needs to lose a whole lot more!" I don't mind telling them AFTER I've lost it all, but now, I'm ready to stop offering up the information.

My therapist suggested that I come up with a standard answer, something like "I've lost a good amount, but I've still got more to go. I've lost 2 sizes!!" She said that most people wouldn't push it any farther. She said if they do, just flat out say, "None of your business." :P

I can't wait until someone asks me! I want to try out my new boundary.

Jena

Jena,

thank you for sharing this. I am also having this issue with some people and I really don't want them to know how high I actually was... your answer will be perfect!

Oh yes!! I have one of those... his wife had gastric bypass surgery over a year ago, and is now WAY too skinny (instead of 40, she looks about 60, and her back is humped and chest concave). He's so "proud" of her and always wants to compare the two of us ("Annie lost over 100 lb. in 9 months... how come you don't lose that fast?). Frustrates the heck out of me. LOL!

Wouldnt' it be a great world if you could just be honest and say, "I don't lose weight that fast because I didn't choose a surgery that would make my back humped and my chest concave!"

:)

Thank you girls ;) I just thought that it's too funny and could not resist sending this hilarious pic with that dream body :P

Here's the update :D :

she wrote:" Ute, I like the pic ... but that can't be real. I think you wanted to send me a message with that, huh?

I hope I did not offend you with questioning the heck out of you about your weightloss and I'm sorry if I did, so from now on I let YOU tell me about it and won't ask anymore, Love Alex".

I guess I made my point.

Jena, that is what I usually tell people ... I just say that I'm doing o.k. with the diet but refuse to step on the scale until I think I maybe reached my goal (what a lie :) ) but it seems to me the only way to deal with some people.

Thank you girls ;) I just thought that it's too funny and could not resist sending this hilarious pic with that dream body :P

Here's the update :D :

she wrote:" Ute, I like the pic ... but that can't be real. I think you wanted to send me a message with that, huh?

I hope I did not offend you with questioning the heck out of you about your weightloss and I'm sorry if I did, so from now on I let YOU tell me about it and won't ask anymore, Love Alex".

I guess I made my point.

Jena, that is what I usually tell people ... I just say that I'm doing o.k. with the diet but refuse to step on the scale until I think I maybe reached my goal (what a lie :) ) but it seems to me the only way to deal with some people.

You made your point and a terrific one at that!!! Good for you! It's no else's business how much you weighted before, during or after...you choose to share that information at your own discretion with those who are closest to you... my husband did not know how much I weighed until Monday night, the night before my surgery when I was excited that I went from 285 to 268 in 3 weeks...he wasn't shocked, surprised or anything. He loved me before, will love me during and will love me after! That's all that's important, right?!

Love your humour, keep it up!

Cathy

I got another good one .... my boss .... I have to tell you that I work for a Foreign Government and my boss and some others in the office are those spoiled rotten DIPLOMATS .... He is an absolutley health freakand just as much stuck up!

I told him about a week ago, that I don't like it if people always asking me about my weight (to give him a hint) so today, he came into my office to give me some paperwork to take care of and out of the blue moon he asked me, well I'm not gonna ask you how much you lost, but I was wondering if you have a regular BOWEL MOVEMENT since eating that little ...

I busted out loud laughing and thought WTF? and answered - Mine is good, how about yours ????????????? Instead of shocking him, he started to tell me all his little problems and I thought OMG please help me here, isn't it about time to leave :wacko:

That is GREAT!!! I almsot peed on myself! Ha!!!

I got another good one .... my boss .... I have to tell you that I work for a Foreign Government and my boss and some others in the office are those spoiled rotten DIPLOMATS .... He is an absolutley health freakand just as much stuck up!

I told him about a week ago, that I don't like it if people always asking me about my weight (to give him a hint) so today, he came into my office to give me some paperwork to take care of and out of the blue moon he asked me, well I'm not gonna ask you how much you lost, but I was wondering if you have a regular BOWEL MOVEMENT since eating that little ...

I busted out loud laughing and thought WTF? and answered - Mine is good, how about yours ????????????? Instead of shocking him, he started to tell me all his little problems and I thought OMG please help me here, isn't it about time to leave :wacko:

OMG, too funny -- the arrogance. You are hilarious!

Love the stories! :lol:

I'm impressed that the annoying family member actually got the hint and apologized. She probably just wanted to have something to talk to you about and thought that losing weight with the band is like some magical potion where you wake up 10 pounds thinner every morning.

I love the tip about having a planned response to questions about weight - I need to start working on that!

:)