Laughing at yourself...

Ok, I have no idea what I missed.

I admit that my participation on this board has been lacking... I have been overwhelmed with personal/financial issues. (Don't count your chickens before they hatch children! LOL!) But I love to come back and check in on everyones' progress and enjoy the support. My own weight loss is a bit stalled (still down just 30 lb.) so I don't feel like I can offer much advice or support... I haven't even gotten a fill yet, so I can't chime in on those issues as I have no experience with being "too tight" (I can only wish at this point! Heh!) But I love the outpouring of compassion from everyone.

I was very shocked today to see the thread that was just locked. Having no idea what precipitated it - I can only guess. Not that it matters. But I hate seeing it.

I got the impression that some people may have been hypersensitive to criticism. I used to be that way myself... until I learned to laugh at myself. (Here is a video of me having fun - feel free to laugh right along with me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTvcR_WWaUs ) Don't take things too seriously, life is too short. I'm sorry that anyone has been having disagreements, and I hope everything gets smoothed over soon.

And remember, when someone has fallen down - the kind thing to do is offer them a hand up and not laugh at their clumsiness. None of us could help our "clumsiness" and that is why we all needed the band.

Peace & Humptiness 4eva!

I admit that my participation on this board has been lacking... I have been overwhelmed with personal/financial issues. (Don't count your chickens before they hatch children! LOL!) But I love to come back and check in on everyones' progress and enjoy the support. My own weight loss is a bit stalled (still down just 30 lb.) so I don't feel like I can offer much advice or support... I haven't even gotten a fill yet, so I can't chime in on those issues as I have no experience with being "too tight" (I can only wish at this point! Heh!) But I love the outpouring of compassion from everyone.

I was very shocked today to see the thread that was just locked. Having no idea what precipitated it - I can only guess. Not that it matters. But I hate seeing it.

I got the impression that some people may have been hypersensitive to criticism. I used to be that way myself... until I learned to laugh at myself. (Here is a video of me having fun - feel free to laugh right along with me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTvcR_WWaUs ) Don't take things too seriously, life is too short. I'm sorry that anyone has been having disagreements, and I hope everything gets smoothed over soon.

And remember, when someone has fallen down - the kind thing to do is offer them a hand up and not laugh at their clumsiness. None of us could help our "clumsiness" and that is why we all needed the band.

Peace & Humptiness 4eva!

Hi Bebe,

Glad to have you back....things got a little heated yesterday, but have calmed down today. I am not sure why they closed my post, it was alot gentler than others, but oh well...on to the task at hand!

Oh and 30 lbs nothing to sneeze at, that's amazing! I am so looking forward to hitting that magic number!

Take care, Cathy

OMG Bebe!

Welcome back!! Since you've been gone, we have 2 men on the forum, who are going to LOVE your videos! Hahah! You look great and we missed you very much!!!

><' Welcome back sweetie!!!

There's boys here now?!?!

*covers up her cleavage* :blush:

Peace & Humptiness 4eva!

Sorry Bebe missed the video part of your message, I watched them and you are just too cute...love the boobs. If you got em, flauntem'. I hope I keep mine!

Have a great weekend!

Cathy

I've gotten through a lot of hardships by not taking myself too seriously... and sometimes we just need to step back from the situation and laugh.

That's all I was tryin' to say. Y'all have a wonderful day! :-)

(Hope my boobies don't offend anyone... that was all part of the "act")

LOVED your vids. Clever, clever girl.

I've gotten through a lot of hardships by not taking myself too seriously... and sometimes we just need to step back from the situation and laugh.

That's all I was tryin' to say. Y'all have a wonderful day! :-)

(Hope my boobies don't offend anyone... that was all part of the "act")

That was too funny! Thanks for sharing. I giggled my butt off --

Hi, loved the video.. can you tell me why you have not had a fill yet? is it because you still have restriction from surgery?

Thanks Linda

Hi, loved the video.. can you tell me why you have not had a fill yet? is it because you still have restriction from surgery?

Thanks Linda

I don't have a whole lot of restriction, no. I can pretty much eat whatever I want, I just stop myself from doing so. (I make sure I replace at least one meal a day with a protein bar, and sometimes I replace 2) I haven't gotten a fill yet, because I had a major financial avalanche that I'm buried under at the moment and I can't afford the trip. lol

Hopefully when I'm in Vegas this summer, I'll just make the drive to San Diego and go down for the first fill.

You've done great with no fill!!! Keep up the good work, you look great!!!!

Linda