Soda and Jenny Craig

KboneSRU

Yes you can have both...but keep in mind that for every soda you drink it cancels out a water you drink and it inhibits weight loss. In moderation would be best, you'll have to give it up when banded anyway. I am sure if the Jenny Craig fat grams and calories are comparable to lean cuisine, it would be fine too.

Keep strong, you can do it and let us know how you do!

Cathy

Yes you can have both...but keep in mind that for every soda you drink it cancels out a water you drink and it inhibits weight loss. In moderation would be best, you'll have to give it up when banded anyway. I am sure if the Jenny Craig fat grams and calories are comparable to lean cuisine, it would be fine too.

Keep strong, you can do it and let us know how you do!

Cathy

diet coke cancels out every water you drink huh?? I had no idea! WOW! I guess I should cut down then... LOL! I drink SOOOOOOO much coke it's going to be harder to give up than cigarettes and food!

I stopped drinking soda (including my morning diet coke) while on the preop diet. I feel it was very helpful to my weight loss.

Are Jenny Craig dinners good? How much are they?

For the 12 day diet prior to surgery, can i have diet soda? ALSO....i know it says to eat a lean cuisine...but can i eat Jenny Craig dinners or does it HAVE to be lean cuisine???

diet coke cancels out every water you drink huh?? I had no idea! WOW! I guess I should cut down then... LOL! I drink SOOOOOOO much coke it's going to be harder to give up than cigarettes and food!

Hi Erin,

I actually found giving up diet coke during the pre-op diet quite easy...I however did not completely quit smoking...and my surgeon was okay with that. Yours at the OCC may not be. I told him I would cut down before surgery, but could not guarantee giving it up completely, he understood that and I didn't want to risk becoming homicidal!! LOL!!

Do the best you can, it will be worth it.

Cathy

Hi Erin,

I actually found giving up diet coke during the pre-op diet quite easy...I however did not completely quit smoking...and my surgeon was okay with that. Yours at the OCC may not be. I told him I would cut down before surgery, but could not guarantee giving it up completely, he understood that and I didn't want to risk becoming homicidal!! LOL!!

Do the best you can, it will be worth it.

Cathy

I am officially 10 days with no smoking!!! Never thought I would be able to do it but occasionally I manage to even suprise myself ;) It was not easy to do and I still feel like I should have a cigarette in my hand but I just keep pushing past the feeling.

Congrats Erin on the 10 days smoke-free!! Keep it up! Once they are out of your system, I bet you'll feel even better. I smoked (for a few years, quit over 10 years ago though) and once they were out, I had to try hard but did it, and was SOO glad I did!

I stopped drinking soda (including my morning diet coke) while on the preop diet. I feel it was very helpful to my weight loss.

Are Jenny Craig dinners good? How much are they?

Jenny Craig meals are GREAT!! I lost 60 pounds with Jenny Craig. Food was FANTASTIC. ESPECIALLY the desserts!!! hmmmm!!! The breakfasts are anywhere from 2 to 5 dollars. Lunch is 5-7 dollars and dinner is 6-8 dollars. Snacks range from 2-5 dollars. But very worth it...especially if you are single and only cooking for yourself!!!