Post Op Issues

Has anyone experienced any post op problems with other Physicians since your procedure was done in Mexico? I am concerned that in the future I will run into situatuions where the Physician, Surgeon, or my insurance will not treat or cover me. Anyone had any gallbladder problems since surgery and had to have it removed?

I've actually wondered that myself..... I went to my local Doc the other day and hadn't told him I was getting the Lap band. He started examining me and it was running through my mind... "Should I say something?" He mentioned that I must be hungry cause my belly was growling [i had eaten baby carrots before I left the house and I think he was hearing them passing] He then told me to lie down and was pushing around on my belly and very quickly made a face and said "OH!" I then said "Oh ya, I got the Lap band!! Forgot to mention it to ya!" We went through the whole story.... when, where and WHAT?! I think he was a little shocked about the Mexico part! Told him about Dr. O, the OCC and told him to look on the website. He was nice about it all, told me to make sure I get follow up care [which I'm working on locally.]

I've never had gallbladder problems, that I know of.

My primary care doctor knows about me getting a lap band. But I haven't seen him since I set a date (July 2nd). I work in the hospital setting, and a friend of mine is one of our local surgeons and I asked him if he would help me out if I needed anything post. He was very agreeable. It is a good idea to let your primary care doctor know so that he can help network with you if you did need a surgeon locally. My surgeon friend did ask me if my primary care doctor knew what that I was getting the lap band, so they could be on the same page if they needed to communicate with one another. If your band isn't covered by insurance then any post-op complications are likely not going to be either. At least that is what it is in my case. Hope this helps. You can call your insurance company and ask too.

Dianna

A girl that I know went and had her lapband in Monterray, and she had gall stones, so with her approval, they removed them. Not sure how she found out in advance, but she called her dr. from there, and her dr. said.. hey.. if they want to do it at the same time, definitely, let them. Her Dr. wasn't worried at all. I know here in Canada, if you go to Emergency for anything, they can't refuse to treat you, regardless of where you had surgery. My regular Dr. is seeing me for follow-up, and is very impressed at my progress, and the incisions that I have. She said Dr. O did a great job!