Band Size??

Hi everyone,

I was banded on May 26th and have felt wonderful. I was looking at my card that I received from the OCC and it says that my band is LAGB 10.0cm. Is that what everyone else gets?? That just sounds "big" to me. I think I am getting paranoid because I think I can feel my band when I push on my mid left side (abdominal area) I cannot feel anything on the middle highest incision area where I thought my port was, I am confused and not sure what is where on me. I know I asked but honestly, I do not remember hardly anything from the surgery until we left to fly home. It was very strange, I lost a total 24 hours. I have had to ask my sister about things.

Thanks! :unsure:

No need to be concerned. The 10cm is the length of the band. The actual band is probably a 4cc or ml, which holds the saline. Also the port is actually stitched to the abdominal wall below the port incision.

Yes, I have he 10 cm band too. The larger band is the VG Band.

My card says it's a 10cm band as well.

I read somewhere that the larger band is used if there is a lot of fat around the stomach. Don't know if it's true or if I read it wrong but that's whats stuck in my mind.

Oh, as for where the band is, it's near the upper most incision. A little south of the center of your breasts. The port is probably what you are feeling. It's under or near the largest incision.

Jena

Hi everyone,

I was banded on May 26th and have felt wonderful. I was looking at my card that I received from the OCC and it says that my band is LAGB 10.0cm. Is that what everyone else gets?? That just sounds "big" to me. I think I am getting paranoid because I think I can feel my band when I push on my mid left side (abdominal area) I cannot feel anything on the middle highest incision area where I thought my port was, I am confused and not sure what is where on me. I know I asked but honestly, I do not remember hardly anything from the surgery until we left to fly home. It was very strange, I lost a total 24 hours. I have had to ask my sister about things.

Thanks! :unsure:

Your port is about 3 inches below your port incision [the largest incision.] That's where doc stuck me for my fill. I think the 10 cm is describing the band itself, not how much saline it'll hold. I'm sure that it holds 4cc. :-h

Jena, sounds like you have the VG band which holds 10 cc.

Actually, I just looked at my card and it says"Maximym fill volume is 10cc." On the back there is a sticker with the serial number of my band and it says "LAGB VG"

A little confusing!

Jena

Hello from DOthan,

I dont know if you remember me, but i was having blood work done the day you were having surgery.

Beatriz from Alabama... =0)

Hope all is going well..

I read that card they gave us and it says the same... 10cm and max fill of 4cc.

:-h

Guest cedartown
Hello from DOthan,

I dont know if you remember me, but i was having blood work done the day you were having surgery.

Beatriz from Alabama... =0)

Hope all is going well..

I read that card they gave us and it says the same... 10cm and max fill of 4cc.

:-h

I remember you.How are you doing? How much have you lost?

Tomorrow should be day 21 for you..

Hi, :-h

Im very good thanks... Ive lost 16 lbs ... hip hip horay :lb16: :cheerleader:

Just started on solids...(oohhhhh) Now that im back on solids im kind of hungry... how about you?

Hope your doing well and let me know how ur feelin...

By the way are u the guy that had surgery the day before me ????????? haha if im wrong ?

i Mean im guessing cause of the hole Vodka thing !

Take care,

Beatriz

:lb11: