I am 19 and need advice

Hi,

My name is nicole I am a 19 yr old college student and want to get the band. My problem is that i first started this up hill battle a year ago when i was 18 and got frusrated and scared and decided not to do the surgery and every day I regret not doing it because I am very unhappy at the size I am at and i feel this is my answer. Now while i was doing the pre -op of going to all those docotors i found many things wrong sadly. I was anemic, and i have a compound cyst on my ovarey and it has not yet been determined but they believe i have lupus and i have sleep apnea. Needless to say after finding all this out i was very discouraged, upset, and didnt want to have the surgery because i dont want anything else to happen. I feel like this is the end of my rope i need this surgery but i dont know if i can do it with all my problems. If anyone has advice i would love help because i am determined to do this because my weight is destroying my self-esteem, confidence, and life. I wish everyone luck and hope someone has advice for me....Thanks ><'

Hi,

My name is nicole I am a 19 yr old college student and want to get the band. My problem is that i first started this up hill battle a year ago when i was 18 and got frusrated and scared and decided not to do the surgery and every day I regret not doing it because I am very unhappy at the size I am at and i feel this is my answer. Now while i was doing the pre -op of going to all those docotors i found many things wrong sadly. I was anemic, and i have a compound cyst on my ovarey and it has not yet been determined but they believe i have lupus and i have sleep apnea. Needless to say after finding all this out i was very discouraged, upset, and didnt want to have the surgery because i dont want anything else to happen. I feel like this is the end of my rope i need this surgery but i dont know if i can do it with all my problems. If anyone has advice i would love help because i am determined to do this because my weight is destroying my self-esteem, confidence, and life. I wish everyone luck and hope someone has advice for me....Thanks ><'

Hi Nicole,

I can't medically advise you clearly but I can suggest you send a copy of this to Dr. Ortiz and see what he has to say about it. You have your whole life in front of you. I waited 'til I was 48 to get the band. I wish I had known about this years ago! Take care, hun. Let us know how it goes for you.

Hugs!