coughing

Does anyone know if sinus drainage coughing can stretch your pouch? Dr. Marco told me coughing was not good, but He didn't tell me why. Based on conversations with any of the doctors, does anyone know why?

Does anyone have the email addys for the various docs?

Paula,

I haven't heard of this before. I had a really bad Bronchitis/Pneumonia for about 2 months this spring, but it didn't seem to affect my band at all. I always get really bad URI's and hope this is not the case! I will keep watching to see what others report on this subject.

Hi Paula Bee,

I would think that the band and port are durable enough to withstand the facts of life. People are going to get colds, flus, sinus infections and I would hope that it was taken into consideration way back when the lapband was first used for WLS.

I get sinus infections and bronchitis myself.

I also recall on the day surgery film, that they want you to cough, it expells fluid from your lungs, it's a good thing.

I will get in touch with my patient coordinator tommorrow and ask her how coughing affects the band.

Cathy

I am in the middle of a little cold, who would have thought I'd get one in the middle of summer but whatever.. I think that the sinus drainage is making me feel fuller or may be irritating my band a little because I am tighter in the last few days than I have been since the swelling from my 2nd fill went down. I have heard people on other boards saying colds really effect their bands, not to the point they need an unfill like poor Kris in Cancun but they have to stick to liquids for a few days while sick...

I guess we better get some answers and advice before flu season rolls around later this year!

Hi Paula Bee,

I would think that the band and port are durable enough to withstand the facts of life. People are going to get colds, flus, sinus infections and I would hope that it was taken into consideration way back when the lapband was first used for WLS.

I get sinus infections and bronchitis myself.

I also recall on the day surgery film, that they want you to cough, it expells fluid from your lungs, it's a good thing.

I will get in touch with my patient coordinator tommorrow and ask her how coughing affects the band.

Cathy

Thanks! I appreciate it.

Good to know and another thing I've noticed - if I get a cold or sinus infection the drainage causes heck with my band! I can get really tight and uncomfortable so I really try to take extra C and not get colds.

Paula Bee – you are looking hot girl! I know you’re getting ready for belly dancing classes! And your legs look awesome – I wish I had your legs!