Today begins my pre-op diet

Well, today I start my pre-op diet :wacko: . Which includes the following: Shake for breakfast, one for lunch and then a South Beach dinner. All the salad I want, with using the wishbone spray, sugar free jello, and sugar free popsicles. YIKES...I started early on the whole dieting thing, so I am down 8 of the 12 pounds Dr. Miranda wants. I'm just going to need a lot of support during the next two weeks. I hate the fact that my diet will be so limited :angry: . But I will stick to it :(( !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will just need help and encouragement...which you all are so good at. And any suggestions that might make this easier for me, I would love it!

THANKS~

Dianna

:D:D:D

Dianna~

Keep your mind focused on the goal. If you are anything like me, you know by now that you 100% want to make this lap band work. Never let that stray far from your mind. I was consumed with it. Your pre-op diet and your post-op diet are gonna be hard, but I really believe they put you in a frame of mind that you don't have to eat everything in the house to survive. You will be surprised that you will start feeling like a new person. I had something to look forward to. It is still what keeps me going daily is to see those scales move. I had a few days pre-op that I panicked and wanted to eat my fave foods once more, and I did! You started early, like I did so you are already more than halfway there.

Remember, focus on the goal. Start tracking your meals, on paper or online. Make it part of your daily routine. It really shocks you when you start realizing how many calories/fat some foods have in them that you never knew were so bad! I thought a grilled rib-eye was great for you until I tracked it on my spark page and realized 8ozs has almost 1500 calories and 45 grams of fat! I almsot passed out! LOL

You are gonna do great! I am rooting for you all the way!

Dianna - keep up the marvelous work, girl! What I did was just took it one meal at a time. I told myself 'okay, for breakfast, I am sticking 100% to my diet.' I would get through that meal, and then the same thing for lunch, and just continue the whole way throughout the day and for me that made it so much easier than thinking about an entire day. Sometimes that can be overwhelming, but if you take it a meal at a time, not so overwhelming then. Just a suggestion :unsure: You are doing fabulolus so far though, keep it up and you will be golden! =D> Congrats!