What did you eat today???

I just got my 2nd fill last week and still think I eat too much....So, if you are on solids, please give me an idea of what you ate today, or what you would eat in a typical day.

Here is what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: 1/2 South Beach Meal Bar

Lunch - Dannon Fit n' Light yogurt with 1 small banana

Dinner - 1/3 cup Quinoa, 2 ounces of baked fish, 1/4 a stuffed portabello mushroom and....... a SF, FF Creamsicle.

I was still hungry but stopped myself and stayed hungry until I went to bed. :(

That's almost nothing!! You've eaten almost no protein and no fiber!

Don't take my word for it though, use something like fitday.com and record what you have eaten and see if you are getting enough of the right kind of nutrition.

You could also email Dr. Miranda your menu and ask her advice. That's the best thing to do!

><'

Jena

I take a fiber supplement and vitamins...... you are right not much protein that day, but -- normally I get more. I usually have protein shake in the morning and right after the gym, but didn't go to the gym yesterday.

I was told my Dr. Miranda not to have any more protein shakes when I get to solids because it will go right through you instead had a protein bar cuz that will stay in your pouch and keep you satisfied longer than a liquid,but you can ask the good Dr. Good luck

One thing to think about - I think we're not supposed to drink any shakes or anything liquid like that b/c the band cannot work on them - the band can only work on solids - it holds the food and more slowly releases it into our stomachs so that we feel fuller longer. I'm not sure, but I really think this is right. Anyone else know for sure? Maybe that might help a bit?

....So, if you are on solids, please give me an idea of what you ate today, or what you would eat in a typical day.

I was really just trying to get an idea of what you guys were eating in a typical day......

I was really just trying to get an idea of what you guys were eating in a typical day......

Lynn,

When I am losing best, I am eating the following approx. portions

B- 1 egg, 1/2 pc. toast and Special K Protein Water

L- 2 Slices Turkey (Deli), 1/4 avacado, small side salad, dressing

D- 4 oz. steak, 1/4 baked potato with Butter, 5-6 bites of veggies

I follow lunch and dinner after about 1/2 hour with a cup of tea and 1/4 of a Dove Chocolate to feel like I had something sweet.

I also drink 3-4 liters of water daily.

If I eat less than that I just don't lose. I also make sure to not eat the next meal until my stomache actually growls so sometimes it is 3 hours and sometimes it is six and I never wake up hungry in the morning.

Here's a link to my sparkpeople page where I have been keeping track of what I have been eating, I've only been doing for about a week but you can use the arrows to scroll through my last few days of meals...

http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_tracker....e=6%2F18%2F2008

So far today I did a protein shake for breakfast (yes I know Dr. Miranda says no shakes but that's only if you drink the shake and still feel hungry so you choose to go out an eat ANOTHER breakfast, for me I stay plenty full on my shake to get me through till lunch which I explained to her via email and she said that was fine, many successful bandsters do a shake for breakfast because it's fast easy and when you're trying to get 60-100 grams of protein per day a shake with 20-30 grams really helps meet that goal)

For lunch I had this new concoction I created:

1 cup of corn (canned is fine)

1 or 1.5 portabella mushrooms cut up small

1 large package of pre-cooked salmon or tuna (6-7 oz)

1/4 - 1/2 cup of low sodium soy sauce (depending on your tastes, you can use more corn juice and less soy sauce if you need to watch your sodium)

I put the corn with some of the juice and mushrooms in a saute/frying pan let them cook for a few min add the soy sauce and then add the salmon, cover cook for 5 min and then divide this into 5 servings... I ate one and refridged the rest!!

It's really good and the corn and mushrooms add a crispyness to it that is great you could spoon this into lettuce cups for some good asian lettuce wraps!!

Lynnzz- I KNOW you are big into the exercise and have been working super hard so I think you need to be eating more calories, about how many are you averaging a day??

I agree, you aren't eating as much as I am on post-op creamy soup diet.

The other ladies have suggested healthy meals and I think you will find they will fill you up!

So..we are telling you to...have more food!! You don't want to be starving or risk your body going into starvation mode.

Take care, Cathy

Thanks ladies,

I see that I may not be getting enough calories since my 2nd fill last week. I have a hard time eating anything for breakfast and lunch, hence the reason I usually have a protein shake in the morning. After about 3pm and increasingly thereafter, I loosen up and can pretty much eat anything I want to--by then I am starving.

I am going to ride it out this week, as it is my TOM and usually a little tighter then. If I still am too tight, I will look into getting an unfill.