I am new to this site, well kind of :)

Hi everyone, I am new to this site. I have been hovering for the last couple of weeks and finally decided to join tonight. I love reading everyones posts and have learned so much while on this site. This is the 1st time I have ever joined anything like this so I was a bit nervous at first. I think everyone on this site has such great personalities, I feel like I know you all already! Kittycat - I have been reading your posts daily since before your surgery - I feel like I relate to so many of you. :rolleyes:

I look forward to participating in discussion with you all and being supportive when you need it! I feel like this is one of the better decisions I have ever made in my life!

I will put my ticker up shortly, but for now here are my stats:

Highest weight 10/19/2008: 267

Start 6 month pre-approval diet 11/01/2008

Current weight 06/18/2008: 235

Surgery date: July 1, 2008 (yep I am scared but I think that is normal) I think I am most scared of success. I have never succeeded with weight loss before and darnit I am going to this time!

Anway - nice to meet you all. I am here for you through thick and thin (hopefully thin though) ><'

I am worth it! :)

Guest sdejong

Welcome Iamworthit....

My sister and I are also going to be banded on July 1st along with a few other wonderful people that are posting on this site.... I am not very active in postings but I do find great ideas from everyone.... I just wanted to say good luck on your pre-opt diet and I will see you on the 1st....

Shy

Welcome! We are so glad to have you. :lb5:

IamWI,

Wow from 267 to 235 is great! You are on the right track and mindset already. Welcome, and glad to have you finallly come out and introduce yourself. The ladies and gentlemen here are funny. We have a ball and are very supportive!

Hanna:)

Welcome to our family! ><'

This is a huge decision and you are not gonna regret it. You are already doing wonderful!

I love your name! And I agree you are worth it! Glad to have you join in. I know what you mean about being afraid of success. I too struggle with that at times. I have been toying with the idea as suggested on one of the posts of getting some counselling to get over that hurdle. Keep up the good work, wow you are already doing great.

Cheryl

WELCOME ><'

You are going to fit right in here and are going to make some very special friends. This is a wonderful and helpful group of people. Never be afaid to ask questions.

Hi, Celia!

I am also a mother of twins... Mine, Zachary and Roxanne, are 23 years old, college grads, have great jobs. I tell you that to let you know that it goes by so quickly and there is a happy ending at the rainbow when they find their own pots of gold.

I will be there on the 1st too.. Look forward to meeting you.. and everyone!!

XOXO Lisa

P.S. I am scared too.. :rolleyes:

I am actually not having mine in Mexico, but rather Florida. I just really liked this site a lot! I think the ladies (and gents of course) are very positive and uplifting. I will keep you all in my prayers. July 1st is just around the corner.

My doctor didn't require a pre-surgery diet. Did anyone have any last 'treat' prior to the surgery? I can't decide if I want to go there or not. Just trying to get a feel for what people have done...