I can't even believe it --

I feel compelled to share this. This week has been hell professionally with one of my clients but I won't go into the details. Suffice it to say it's reconciled now and with a lot of communication and frustration it went my way in the end.

In the past that level of stress and frustration would have driven me to ordering an XL double cheese pepperoni and pineapple pizza with chicken fingers and garlic toast that I would promptly finish on my own over the course of the night or a Wendy's supersized double burger, double cheese combo or -- you get the idea, massive amounts of comfort food with no bottom in sight!

I'm only ten days post surgery and I absolutely stayed true to the bandster way. I never cheated once! I drank my soup and my protein shakes and water and I avoided breaking down. I must admit, I cannot even believe it. My head hunger has been pretty busy these past two days (that damned elusive boiled egg)!

Before the more insecure me would have been concerned about losing the contract (it's a MAJOR contract) and affecting my staff so I would have just kind of quietly acquiesed but this time I put my foot down, stated my terms and made it clear I was prepared to walk away. I just got a call and they get it and we're going forward! WOOT!

All I can say is, please Lord, wherever I got this new strength from, let it continue!

Aw, Jann, honey, I am SO proud of you, both for taking care of your body and new band, and for standing up to that client. Maybe your self-confidence is on the rise. :)

HUGS HUGS HUGS

It's good it worked out that way. Might be that you have control over your food and now you feel you have better control over other parts too. In any case...congrats. Dawn

I feel compelled to share this. This week has been hell professionally with one of my clients but I won't go into the details. Suffice it to say it's reconciled now and with a lot of communication and frustration it went my way in the end.

In the past that level of stress and frustration would have driven me to ordering an XL double cheese pepperoni and pineapple pizza with chicken fingers and garlic toast that I would promptly finish on my own over the course of the night or a Wendy's supersized double burger, double cheese combo or -- you get the idea, massive amounts of comfort food with no bottom in sight!

I'm only ten days post surgery and I absolutely stayed true to the bandster way. I never cheated once! I drank my soup and my protein shakes and water and I avoided breaking down. I must admit, I cannot even believe it. My head hunger has been pretty busy these past two days (that damned elusive boiled egg)!

Before the more insecure me would have been concerned about losing the contract (it's a MAJOR contract) and affecting my staff so I would have just kind of quietly acquiesed but this time I put my foot down, stated my terms and made it clear I was prepared to walk away. I just got a call and they get it and we're going forward! WOOT!

All I can say is, please Lord, wherever I got this new strength from, let it continue!

Way to go, Jann!! You really put yourself first and took care of business! That's so awesome that you thought it through and then decided not to just react. I'm so proud of you. Congrats!

Signed,

A fellow (Calgary) bandster, just a day behind you, but following in your footsteps!

- Janet. =D>

Way to go, Jann!! You really put yourself first and took care of business! That's so awesome that you thought it through and then decided not to just react. I'm so proud of you. Congrats!

Signed,

A fellow (Calgary) bandster, just a day behind you, but following in your footsteps!

- Janet. =D>

Janet! I was looking for you, you fell off the radar girl! How are you???? Thanks for the kind words everybody. I'm really trying. Hubby asked me if I regretted my decision tonight to get banded. I can honestly say NO WAY! I feel strangely empowered but I know it's so very hard to keep on track. Hubby is even trying to eat healthy and has reduced his consumption by about half. Here's to hoping all of this continues in the future! I try to be aware every day but not militant. Evidently, it's rubbing off because he's doing it on his own.

:lol: Good for you!! Way to go!! That is a great story to tell because I feel the same way when stress becomes such a force in my life. I turn to food and this is great to hear. I am very proud of you.. Nice to hear.... You just don't know how much this has just helped me right now. I am pre-op and having a rough evening!! It can be done!! Thanks!!

><' Hugs out to you! Amazing what a little band can do for us!! =D> Keep that positive attitude!

Well they do say that when you are eating healthy and exercising, or have lost weight, it helps your mind as well. You probably handled EVERYTHING on that topic a little differently than you would have in the past. Maybe you didn't get as emotional as you would have? You obviously didn't turn to food like you would have (atta girl!!), can you think of any other ways in that situation that you did differently than you would have in the past? I've noticed the same in myself, and I try to see the other improvements as well so I know to be aware of those positive changes in the future, and stick with it!! Good job on recognizing your mental health change as well, and keep up the great work!! :D

Like I said earlier I feel more empowered. That whole fat girl in the room really messes with your self esteem. Although I know I'm good at what I do with my company I always had that "I'm not good enough" thing going through my head and I would devalue myself as a person. When I have to have face to face meetings I cringe at the very thought. No matter what quality your clothes are (from Walmart to Holt Renfrew) you still feel frumpy and awkward and I'm sure that's how people have perceived me over the years.

Before as I said, I would have quietly acquiesed and just gone on with something that wasn't viable to keep the girls busy. I guess if you are strong enough to drink liquids for ten days you have a sense of being ten foot tall and bulletproof! hehe I was pretty emotional, angry actually and I just thought, 'Well, on this one you have to go all in and if you lose it you lose it but you've made your point. The work will stand on it's own' and it did! I like this new feeling! hehe

Like I said earlier I feel more empowered. That whole fat girl in the room really messes with your self esteem. Although I know I'm good at what I do with my company I always had that "I'm not good enough" thing going through my head and I would devalue myself as a person. When I have to have face to face meetings I cringe at the very thought. No matter what quality your clothes are (from Walmart to Holt Renfrew) you still feel frumpy and awkward and I'm sure that's how people have perceived me over the years.

Before as I said, I would have quietly acquiesed and just gone on with something that wasn't viable to keep the girls busy. I guess if you are strong enough to drink liquids for ten days you have a sense of being ten foot tall and bulletproof! hehe I was pretty emotional, angry actually and I just thought, 'Well, on this one you have to go all in and if you lose it you lose it but you've made your point. The work will stand on it's own' and it did! I like this new feeling! hehe

HUGS, HUGS, HUGS! I am happy for you and see the same as a possible future for me.