Thanks Will T

I picked up burgers and fries for the kids and I picked up 2 large chilis for me from Wendy's, stocked up for the weekend.

I barely made a dent in one and was full...it was a little annoying having to chew, chew, chew, but it was soooo much better than the cream soup.

Thanks for the great suggestion Will T, it was just what I needed!!

Cathy =D>

[willT bows, then tips his hat...'my pleasure ma'am]

I do splurge there... those frosties arent great for a diet, but there do taste awesome...

I was tempted to get a frosty, but didn't! Good for me!

So far the chili is staying down and settling...so I am a happy girl!

Have a great weekend!

Cathy

Cathy, I know you had surgery somewhere else...so when will your liquid phase be over?

Cathy, I know you had surgery somewhere else...so when will your liquid phase be over?

Hi Blazn,

I was banded in Mississauga, ON, Canada. I have another week of liquids, but spoke with the patient coordinator today and she said I could try soups with chunks and chew well. Next Saturday I graduate to mushy/blended foods for two weeks and start on solids on July 11th (my Mom's birthday). It's really tough not crunching anything...I have canker sores on my tongue and my teeth are becoming sensitive. My nutritionist said the cankers could be B12 or protein deficiency, so I have to go out and get some protein powder to add to my food. I already knew I had a B12 deficiency before my surgery and have to get monthy shots. I will go next week to get my shot. The gargle I bought today is helping, so that's a relief!

Although I crave solid food, I am afraid of PBing...I guess by the time July 11th roles around, I will be saying" the hell with it" and eating!!!LOL!!

Take care and have a great weekend!

Cathy

BTW, Wendy's chili is a great choice... The small chili is only 210 calories and 17 g protein, and the large is only 310 calories and 25 g protein. This is plain, without the cheese, crackers, etc.

Oh, and the junior frosty is 149 calories.

BTW, Wendy's chili is a great choice... The small chili is only 210 calories and 17 g protein, and the large is only 310 calories and 25 g protein. This is plain, without the cheese, crackers, etc.

Thanks Paula, that's really good to know!

Cathy

Oh Paula Bear! Look at you go with the calorie counting. That is so major! I make notes when everybody does that. Thanks!

hehe -- oh well, guess I can't have it then! Thanks for the explanation.

I put in the blender for just a few seconds and it was like baby food. It was sort of a weird texture, but still tasted like chili. I could have sucked it through a straw, so I believe it passes the test of being a liquid. ;)

Oh Paula Bear! Look at you go with the calorie counting. That is so major! I make notes when everybody does that. Thanks!

Laffing... old time dieting dies hard. Besides, I like to know what I am eating :) Like the time I got one of those ice cream thingies from Jack in the Box, and the dang thing was 800 calories for the small one. I nearly fainted.

The chili sound great but I am a little afraid of the BEAN power in it. Even all blended up it still had the BEANS. You know the old saying BEANS BEANS BEANS The musical fruit that...... and we all know the rest. I seem to already have plenty of "Tooting" from both ends (I know, TMI) with lots of pain before so I will abstain from it even though with all the talk I would love some. Glad it works for some though, anything to add flavor and variety to a very bland time.

Julie, the beans serve as a major source of protein, and we need all we can get since we've been banded. As far as expelling gas, the lapband itself has increased attic and basement gas in many people (burping and the other). It won't matter to most that the beans cause a little bit more. To me, it was worth the taste.

To all of you who mentioned using a blender.... ewwwww. Just chew it. There isnt a significant denisty in the chili, meaning a spoonful is more than 40% liquid to begin with. By chewing, you mix the liquid with saturated solids and get the SAME result from chewing that your blender provides.

Go for it. Go slowly, chew well. Vent attic and basement gas ALL you need to..... it means you are LOSING WEIGHT.

Thanks Will for your reply. I certainly understand what you are saying and wish I could eat this delicious treat. I actually get Severe pain from extra gas sometimes but it has happened enough I can't chance it. To everyone in wendy's chili heaven just save my place as someday I may be able to try it....I hope.

Can you drink Wendy's Chili from a straw?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If so, I might have some tomorrow on my liquid diet.

Sure can, if you get a BIG straw!!! One big enough for the beans to pass through, unless you cut them into thirds with a smaller straw.