Support needed!!!

OK girls, I need strength! I had surgery Monday 6/16 and am doing great, but am starving! I can't get the clear liquids to satidfy my stomach or my mind! Chewing gum just caused more gas (gross) and I am travellng for work Tuesday-give me some tips, please!

I am sorry to hear that you are starving...are still on the clear liquid stage or creamy soup stage?

If you are into the creamy soup stage, try a can of cream of potato soup mixed with 1/2 can of cream of cheese/cheddar soup, spice it up with garlic, herbs, whatever you want, mix it up and heat it and it is very filling. If you are still on clear liquids, jello might help.

Good luck and feel better soon!

Cathy ><'

jgirl - I know what you are going through. I was feeling somewhat hungry after like the first week or so of my surgery, and I also had horrible gas like you are describing. Chewing gum is the worst thing to do because in chewing gum you swallow tons of air and also it actually causes your stomach to produce fluids in preparation for digestion which can make you feel gassy/bloated and also it can potentially upset the stomach. Whatever you do DO NOT GIVE IN to temptation to eat solids. Trust me, it is SO worth the wait!! As soon as you can, get into the creamy soups, and those will be more filling than clear broth/liquids. I did not give in to my temptation to eat solids, and today I had a turkey burger and let me tell you it was SO friggen good!! lol! :D It is totally worth the wait. Keep up the fantastic work and you will reap the rewards!

OK girls, I need strength! I had surgery Monday 6/16 and am doing great, but am starving! I can't get the clear liquids to satidfy my stomach or my mind! Chewing gum just caused more gas (gross) and I am travellng for work Tuesday-give me some tips, please!

You only have two more days of liquids, hun -- if you absolutely have to bump to a split creamy/clear to get over the hump but absolutely no solids. A protein shake will probably help if you absolutely have to.

You only have two more days of liquids, hun -- if you absolutely have to bump to a split creamy/clear to get over the hump but absolutely no solids. A protein shake will probably help if you absolutely have to.

Thanks girls! Actually, I gave in and had a watered down Unjury protein drink-my Dr wants me on clear liquids for 2 weeks, then soft mushy-at least I can hold off on the solids, but I needed something more! I promise not to do more damage than liquids, though! Thanks!

Janet

Thanks girls! Actually, I gave in and had a watered down Unjury protein drink-my Dr wants me on clear liquids for 2 weeks, then soft mushy-at least I can hold off on the solids, but I needed something more! I promise not to do more damage than liquids, though! Thanks!

Janet

It is so amazing that the post-op diet instructions are so different from every doctor. Tomorrow is my day 6, post op and I can start having protein drinks. Two weeks of clear liquids--- YUCK!

It is so amazing that the post-op diet instructions are so different from every doctor. Tomorrow is my day 6, post op and I can start having protein drinks. Two weeks of clear liquids--- YUCK!

You said it...I don't get to have solid food until July 11th...4 weeks of creamy soups and mush! YUCK!!!

Cathy