Been very stressed!

I have been really stressed this week and I feel like my band has slammed shut!!! I have so much problem keeping food down, but liquids are fine. This has been going on for about a week now and I know it is stress related. Any ideas on foods that would be easy to keep down? I am already taking protein supplements because I can't keep meat down no matter how much I chew. Same with salads. I really don't care for soups.....I am trying to get the stress under control, but it is so hard!!! Last week I was worried that I needed another fill, and now I can hardly keep anything down.

I’m so sorry!

It’s the worst thing to deal with and unfortunately you're going to have to learn to manage it. (I did – it was really causing trouble for me) Here's what I would do during strees times. Before you eat take time to yourself and breath - in your nose....deep and cleansing and out your mouth. Think good thoughts. Don’t drink anything cold before you try to eat, warm herb tea is nice. Also focus on comforting food. For some reason my favorite is my French onion soup that I make. I take a half of an onion sautéed in butter till soft, then add a touch of flour, tsp or two. Add in some beef broth (1/2 box), port (splash), sugar salt and pepper to taste and fresh Basel leaves to taste (2). Some times if I’m trying to add calories if needed I’ll add cream. No bread or cheese on top – if you can only drink the broth, then go for it. It seems to relax me and gets some protein in my body. And for some reason its really comforting to me. After eating some I will then try some solids, just little bits and really take time to chew and see how it feels.

Its all about making us feel relaxed – getting stressed can cause such havoc with our bands.

Take care and I really hope what ever is causing the stress and go away for you!

Best,

Lisa

Thanks Lisa, the onion soup sound really good to me right now, it is my favorite anyway. My stress is a new kid in the home that are very, very hyper (I do foster care), school is out now so they are home all day long! My husband gives me a break when he gets home, but then I go out and I don't get home until the wee hours and my day starts about 5 am! I haven't been able to get to the gym for my swimming either, because I have to keep this kid in sight at all times.....It will take a few weeks to get his medications adjusted!

Sorry to hear that you are stressed, I feel your pain, my 10 years old is very high strung and has temper tantrums. He actually had a major one on Friday night and I grabbed my bag and took a drive to relax, by the time I got back it had blown over.

Lisa's suggestions sound great....I will definitely try that soup. I still have two cartons of beef broth from my post-op diet week.

Feel better and take deep breaths!

Take care, Cathy

Thanks Lisa, the onion soup sound really good to me right now, it is my favorite anyway. My stress is a new kid in the home that are very, very hyper (I do foster care), school is out now so they are home all day long! My husband gives me a break when he gets home, but then I go out and I don't get home until the wee hours and my day starts about 5 am! I haven't been able to get to the gym for my swimming either, because I have to keep this kid in sight at all times.....It will take a few weeks to get his medications adjusted!

I don't have anything to constructive to say on this as I haven't lived it but <comforts and warm hugs>!!!!

Thanks Kittycat....I think my hubby is more worried about me than I am, he hates it when I can't keep things down and worries and that stesses me out too! I shouldn't complain, at least he cares enough to worry and is very supportive.

Isn't the band so crazy sometimes? I have had no restriction and then today I threw up everything I ate. It makes no sense to me!

I am sorry you have been stressed, I hope it gets better soon.

Dontondan,

Im so sorry to hear about all you've been going through. Please remember to take little moments and breath. I hope everything works out sooner rather than later...

I started a topic on the same thing last week. There were many great tips by other members. Take a peek.

http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?show...c=6786&st=0

Amber

Amber, I remember that post. I know that it is just a period of time that I have to go through. There is no way to completely eliminate stress from our lives, but it can be managed at times. I am going through a time where I am not managing very well right now! Just venting...it helps.