Nausea

Sorry to hear that Erin, it's not unusual, and could be attributed to the anesthetic.

Do you have anti-nausea medication? If not, get some. My surgeon asked me if I had nausea at my post-op visit, luckily I have not, but he said vomiting, especially so soon after surgery is not a good thing for your band.

I hope you feel better soon....take some Zantac, it works great!

Take care, Cathy

Guest sdejong

Erin

My mom was banded here in the states and her doctor gave her silver bullets that help with nausea since she couldn't swallow pills. Maybe you should call Dr. O and see if there is anything they can prescribe at a local pharmacy... I hope you feel better soon. :lb11:

shy

Hi Erin,

Yes, I had quite a bit of nausea after surgery and still have it off and on now. (Was banded May 9th). While I never actually throw up, it does suck. I hope it goes away for you soon!

Thanks Alana! It sucks because I'll be fine and then out of no where I feel sick! I feel like I'm pregnant again dealing with morning sickness! It's horrible! But in the end all of this will be worth it so what's a little nausea when I can look great in a bikini some day right! LOL!

Hey Erin,

I ended up being the one that had to go back to OCC sent the van for me IMMEDIATELY and they checked my band. So, I got to see it on Flouro and it looks perfect. No obstructions or anything..tey gave me an IV with fluids and nausea meds, vitamins, and pain meds then I was fine. I have not felt like that since.

After a long day of travel, I am home and feeling pretty good.

What happened? Were you sick?

I think I just ended up dehydrated. I also came down with a head cold, and I think the post nasal drip was part of it. I am doing fine now.

Hey Dawnie,

The nausea comes in waves but I feel much better overall...Still a little sore but nothing major! I had my first day back at work today which was interesting!

Elaine,

I hope you are feeling better now! It was nice to meet you.