Heartburn

Hi all... for about the last two weeks I've been having heartburn... never had it before surgery (banded since Sept 2005), and not until the last two weeks... I'm nervous about taking antacids because I dont know if it will negatively affect my band... but even when I have not eaten, I still have the sour stomach sometimes, which says to me this is less about what I'm eating and more about my body simply producing excess acid... so if my body IS simply producing excess acid, why? and what can I safely do about it so as not to compromise my band?

Any info is appreciated... Kyle

Hi Kyle,

You don't say when you were banded and/or had a fill but it can mean too tight of a fill -i suggest you call the doctor as you need to clear it up as it is bad for your band. good luck/take care, mary

Hi Kyle,

You don't say when you were banded and/or had a fill but it can mean too tight of a fill -i suggest you call the doctor as you need to clear it up as it is bad for your band. good luck/take care, mary

Hi Mary... thanks for responding... actually I did say I was banded in Sept 05... My last fill was in April2006, and it seems very odd that it would start up so long after the fill... I will call Dr. Ortiz's office anyway, as you suggested.

Thanks again... Kyle

Hi Kyle,

Oh yeah - now i see sept 05 - i don't know what i was thinking - smile.. We were banded about the same time- i was banded in November 05.

Probably good idea to call so keep us posted - i'm sure (and hopeful) it won't be a big deal but always better to err on the safe side. Take care!!!

Hi Mary... thanks for responding... actually I did say I was banded in Sept 05... My last fill was in April2006, and it seems very odd that it would start up so long after the fill... I will call Dr. Ortiz's office anyway, as you suggested.

Thanks again... Kyle