Type of Scales

Is there anyone out there using a scale that measure body fat as well as weight? Are you happy with the one you are using? Would love to hear from you if there are any pros or cons to these types of scales. I am looking into getting a new one.

Thanks,

I have the weight watchers glass scales. They are very accurate to my Dr's scales. I bought them at Lowes.

I use one that measures the body fat as well, I think it is a great tool especially if you do any sort of weight training. It is important to know what is fat and what is muscle. I have had my scale for a number of years. I bought it in 1998 "Tanita" I don't recall where I bought it,, but it has been a GREAT scale. It allows you to put your stats in. I had it for my first WLS RNY (horror story) and it gave me great incentive. I am sure they have better ones out there now since mine is old, but I do like it very much.. It has allowed me to keep in my mind that weight numbers are just numbers and the way the clothes fit are true when I get stuck.. You know those all time infamous plateau's? :wacko: Lisa

I bought one at Target about 3 years ago, the brand is Taylor, body fat analyzer and scale. It is very acurate.

It still says I weigh to much and have to much body fat :angry: But i guess thats my fault and not the scales.

Linda

Is there anyone out there using a scale that measure body fat as well as weight? Are you happy with the one you are using? Would love to hear from you if there are any pros or cons to these types of scales. I am looking into getting a new one.

Thanks,

Hi Goofy,

I noticed that your surgery date is 7/25 and so is mine. I have been following the forum for some time and decided to register today. Are you nervous? When are you starting your pre-op diet?

Good luck!

I have the weight watchers glass scales. They are very accurate to my Dr's scales. I bought them at Lowes.

I have to comment Kim you look MAAAAAVALOUS!! What a difference 50 lbs has made!! I'm taking my face shot TONIGHT so that I can show how beautiful I'm gonna be.. Just like you!! Keep it up!! XO Lisa

Hi Goofy,

I noticed that your surgery date is 7/25 and so is mine. I have been following the forum for some time and decided to register today. Are you nervous? When are you starting your pre-op diet?

Good luck!

Hi Bedish,

I am not nervous yet, just anxious and excited. I think the closer it gets I will start to get nervous. I have actually started watching what I am eating now, but I will probably start the pre-op after the 4th of July because I will be out of town that whole week and will be very difficult to follow it with my schedule.

Are you coming by yourself or bringing someone with you? My mom is coming with me.

Good Luck!