How do you use the "Quote" button

Ok so here's one more for the technically challenged such as myself. How do you get the quote button to work to actually highlight and box in what you want to quote from a previous post to your reply. I've tried just clicking on it and this doesn't seem to do much except put a + or - sign in front of the word quote on the button. Help!!!!!!

Ok so here's one more for the technically challenged such as myself. How do you get the quote button to work to actually highlight and box in what you want to quote from a previous post to your reply. I've tried just clicking on it and this doesn't seem to do much except put a + or - sign in front of the word quote on the button. Help!!!!!!

Don't worry about the quote button. Just click "reply. Not the Add Reply or Fast Reply. But the "reply next to the quote button you are clicking. Then just type under the stuff that was quoted. It quotes a whole message. :D

Or, keep just want you want by deleting the parts you don't want.

for the technically challenged ... Help!!!!!!

:D

Don't worry about the quote button. Just click "reply. Not the Add Reply or Fast Reply. But the "reply next to the quote button you are clicking. Then just type under the stuff that was quoted. It quotes a whole message. :D

Or, keep just want you want by deleting the parts you don't want.

:D

Oh you are soooooo smart. Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...

If you WANT to use the quote feature then directly under the post you would like to quote click Reply button that looks like this p_quote.gif and it will place the quoted text inside of brackets like this [] from there you can add or delete any of the words that you want to be in the quote just be sure to leave the [] words in place...

The p_mq_add.gif button is used for quoting multiple people at a time, when you click on the button it changes to this: p_mq_remove.gif so say you post and 6 people reply and you want to directly thank 4 of them, you would click the button under each person's post that you want to quote then hit the t_reply.gif button and all 4 of those posts will be quoted seperately for you in the new post you will be writing..

Does that make sense?