Learning to NOT like salt!

The past few weeks, I noticed that if I eat something high in salt [usually something processed] my hands and feet swell like crazy!! Now I imagine that this happened when I was fatter, but didn't notice as much. I ate a few tortilla chips and salsa last night around 7pm and I still feel the swelling and it's been over 24hrs! I don't cook with salt and if I do salt my food, I use Morton Lite salt. I find myself looking more at sodium content in foods.... my gosh there's ALOT of salt in processed foods!!

Does everyone have this "swelling" problem?? Is it just an "over-weight" issue??

I had swelling problems too in my left calf and foot...it's weird since I started the pre-op diet and I haven't had any swelling at all....I am hoping the reduction in salt and eating healthy and of course losing weight will help permanently.

Reduce your salt intake, especially in the hot weather and if you still have swelling, contact your doctor...it could be something else.

Good luck, Cathy

You are not kidding there.

Go check out the salt content of a Boston Market frozen dinner if you have those in Grocery Stores where you are.

I remember I liked them as far as frozen dinners go, and then I made the mistake of reading the label.

I couldn't believe it! :o

my gosh there's ALOT of salt in processed foods!!

You are not kidding there.

Go check out the salt content of a Boston Market frozen dinner if you have those in Grocery Stores where you are.

I remember I liked them as far as frozen dinners go, and then I made the mistake of reading the label.

I couldn't believe it! :o

Hey there, how ya doing??? Nice pix of you and the wife! :D Chris says to tell you "Hi!" B)

I have seen Boston Market dinners, but never bought them. I'll take a peek next time I go to the store. I'm gonna try to stay away from processed foods,... I've been doing pretty good, but in a pinch, I'll use them. Darlene

I had swelling problems too in my left calf and foot...it's weird since I started the pre-op diet and I haven't had any swelling at all....I am hoping the reduction in salt and eating healthy and of course losing weight will help permanently.

Reduce your salt intake, especially in the hot weather and if you still have swelling, contact your doctor...it could be something else.

Good luck, Cathy

I did notice that when I'm out in the heat and humidity that I'll swell up too. I wonder why heat causes it??